Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Wow Kansaseq! What a beautiful, attentive flock. They all look like they're really comfortable around people- that's what I like to see!

I like both of the roos.
tongue.png

Aw, thanks! But if you HAD to choose? Which would you keep?

(incidentally, I was HORRIFIED to find a lone louse on a red sex-link today--GASP!
sickbyc.gif
Break out the Sevin dust!!!!! )

rb thanks for your input--you made some valid points.

Anyone else? Illia? Jean? Mahonri? SteveH? Jeremy? Halo? I am SO bad at deciding who to let go........It's hard!

Last edited:
Quote:
No expert here also, but I also like the 2nd boy. I would like to hear what an expert has to say about that comb. I've had tall ones and spikey ones, but nothing like that.

I agree #1 has a better comb, but everything about #2 is better.

He has a pea comb, it's just a little fat in the middle. I've shown birds with way worse combs and they have ended up on Champion row.....

Work on the eye color in the next generation though, it's a bit light.

pips&peeps :

I agree #1 has a better comb, but everything about #2 is better.

He has a pea comb, it's just a little fat in the middle. I've shown birds with way worse combs and they have ended up on Champion row.....

Work on the eye color in the next generation though, it's a bit light.

Thank you, Jean! Decision made
big_smile.png
Keeping #2 boy and mental note made to work on eye color.​

Quote:
Thank you, Jean! Decision made
big_smile.png
Keeping #2 boy and mental note made to work on eye color.

thumbsup.gif

I would have been afraid that #1 hasn't been henpecked and is carrying only a single copy for muffs.

Jean said it. . . However, what's up with #2's saddle? Is the back short, or is there just a lot of fluff blocking it, or what?

If it weren't for a back-story on hens pecking the beard out though, I'd immediately throw out #1 because of those muffs. But, if they were once bigger, that's great.

Back
Top Bottom