Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I hatched a bunch of wheaten chicks on 3/12. All of the chicks that hatched after them have since moved out of the baby brooder. They're just so frail- I haven't lost any, but they almost all seem to have FTT. They still look like 2 week old chicks.
sad.png
The 2 buffs that hatched with them look like they are 5 days old, and they're 1 1/2 months!
sad.png

I tried putting them on game starter for extra protein- doesn't seem to help.
barnie.gif

Well- my Pip's BW roo is finally done with quarantine and ready to make me some nice fat babies here. I lost 2 months of good hatching with my other guy and hit-or-miss fertility.
he.gif

Illia where did you get Poseidon? He is stunning, even in a crate.

Congrats TK and Jeremy!

(Thanks Illia! It's easier to "bold" people than make multiple quotes)

Last edited:
Let me tell you about Murphys Law.

I picked up some wheaten and blue wheaten eggs from cpartist last month. I really need a good wheaten roo with some good size, and hers are just magnificent. I figured Id hatch some of her pretty eggs and get myself a good roo. So they hatched several weeks ago, I got 4 babies.

All girls.

Yes, all girls.

Poseidon IS stunning, and let me tell you - his pics don't do him justice. He has a presence about him in person that you just don't get in the pics. When I got him on Saturday, I kept him out for a bit and people at the swap were oohing and aahing over him so much I had to finally put him away to give the poor guy a break!!
big_smile.png
love.gif

She is in with another pullet right now. I have only gotten one egg from the two and it was a very rich shade of light minty green. I don't know if it was hers or the other bird.

I will wait until I get two in one day to determine who is laying what.

pips&peeps :

She is in with another pullet right now. I have only gotten one egg from the two and it was a very rich shade of light minty green. I don't know if it was hers or the other bird.

I will wait until I get two in one day to determine who is laying what.

Keep us updated!
pop.gif

Some of the beauties I've picked to keep so far.
big_smile.png
Buffs (3 darkest chicks) and W/BW (2 wheaten roosters and 1 blue wheaten pullet) from Jean's eggs, Buffs from Wayne Meredith and the youngest chicks mostly blue wheatens from Paul Smith. BLRW is playing mommy to them all. Oh, and some of the 17 lavenders I just hatched from Shaffer's eggs.
54909_p1060109.jpg
54909_p1060117.jpg

Last edited:
pips&peeps :

Quote:
Who did you get the brown red hatchingeggs from? Are they bantam or LF???

My Brown Reds are bantams and they are my birds that I get from jerryse. They have stopped laying for a couple days and I'm going to choke them!! I'm hoping to get my first chicks the 2nd of May. Then I'll have some more due the 9th.

EDIT: I can post pics if you want. They are by no means perfect but they are definatley a starting point.​

Last edited:
Time to make the splits...

I just moved my best 3 Smith Black hens in with my Shaffer cockerel. Now 3 long weeks of waiting.
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom