Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

quick question for the genetic eggxperts out here. I have wheaten and blue wheaten amer hens free ranging in the yard with my wheaten amer roo and a splash marans roo.

If I ended up with olive eggers what color would they be? kippenjungle chicken calculator says wheaten x splash = blue unicolor w/footnote "solid: self" but I have never hatched a blue (lavender?) chicks from my wheatie eggs so I'm just wondering if maybe I'm missing something

quick question for the genetic eggxperts out here. I have wheaten and blue wheaten amer hens free ranging in the yard with my wheaten amer roo and a splash marans roo.

If I ended up with olive eggers what color would they be? kippenjungle chicken calculator says wheaten x splash = blue unicolor w/footnote "solid: self" but I have never hatched a blue (lavender?) chicks from my wheatie eggs so I'm just wondering if maybe I'm missing something

The olive eggers would be blue reg blue not lavender. The wheaten chicks would hatch yellow. That would be an easy way to know exactly who the daddy is.

Does anyone have any good photo's of Brown-Red Ameraucana's
I am really liking the few photo's I see on the Ameraucana site and the web.
I am wrking with Crele penedesenca and white empordanesa but would love to add some in with my empordanesa for olive eggers and just have a few to walk around the yard

I am new to Ameraucanas and was wondering what you all thought about my 2 day old chicks. I was also wondering if the lighter colored chicks can have yellow feet and if they darken up when they get older? I have 1 black, 3 blues, 2 that have chipmunk stripes and one that I believe is a light wheaton. I am new and just picked my chicks up today. I have 1 hen that is a year old, that was given to me and that is why I decided to get more, she lays a greenish blue egg and she is so sweet.

This was the ride home. all huddled together

Quote: thanks, that exactly what I thought. I couldn't figure out why it was saying "solid: self" in the footnotes. I've just been hatching so many of these ameraucana eggs and I have yet to have a *single* olive egger. Both my roos have 24/7 access to all my ameraucana and marans hens out in the yard. weird

Roos will have preferences and so will the hens. Dominance will play a role too. The Marans roo may not be dominate. If you want some Olive Eggers remove the other roo and start collecting eggs in 2 weeks.

I dont want olive eggers, so it works out well. My ameraucana roo is very dominant, while the marans roo just runs away in fear. They don't actually fight but if my ameraucana sees him mating one of his girls he will pile drive the marans at a running speed from halfway across the property. Kind of funny because the marans roo probably has 2lb. on him. I'm just surprised because the flocks mingle so much and I have yet to get any mixed chicks. (I guess I wouldn't mind having on hatch just so I can see what they turn out looking like) I have eggs due to hatch tomorrow so we'll see how they turn out.

I am new to Ameraucanas and was wondering what you all thought about my 2 day old chicks. I was also wondering if the lighter colored chicks can have yellow feet and if they darken up when they get older? I have 1 black, 3 blues, 2 that have chipmunk stripes and one that I believe is a light wheaton. I am new and just picked my chicks up today. I have 1 hen that is a year old, that was given to me and that is why I decided to get more, she lays a greenish blue egg and she is so sweet.

This was the ride home. all huddled together
Looks like your chicks are easter eggers. There is no telling what color the lighter ones will be or if their legs will darken.

Has anyone mated BBS Ameraucanas with cream legbars?   Wondering about the coloring and the egg color/production.  Thanks.

I have crossed a rooster (direct fromGFF) with 4 very nice wheaten smeraucana Pullets from 3 different sources. All the chicks looked very similar. Very like a cream Legbar in coloring. But with muffs/beards and one had a crest. They turned out to be fabulous birds. The 4 I kept till laying age are laying machines of fabulous blue eggs, except one who lays a lighter blue tinted egg. As chicks I had people driving 100 miles round trip for them and was not able to keep up with requests for chicks. As I am space limited I will not create too many this year but will for sure create some more.
Will post pics later.

Back
Top Bottom