Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
If you are referring to this chart:

The white looking birds are not White. They are Splash. They will have black and blue feathers showing - that's what those lines mean.

Breeding a Black bird to a White bird will not give you blue - unless the white bird is hiding the Bl (Blue) gene twice to make it a Splash, as chicksnthestiks said.

Yes, you can go look for some Splash hens. Or you can look for some Blue hens (easier to find) and in two generations you can have your splash!

Last edited:
http://shop.gabbardhatchingeggs.com/products/blue-ameraucana

i read this and other things also ,
so i re read it and yeah. thank You though!!!
p.s.
Now i need to look for Splash hens!
id be careful ordering from them. quite a few of the eggs from her ended up being rotten and a few colapsed. not good odds for me anyways. hardly any developed and none hatched. then I through more eggs in to check the bator and most hatched.

she never even responded when I told her. was not expecting a refund or anything but she never even bothered to respond.

I'd love to have a pure Ameracauna. My first chickens were sold to me as "Americauna" and of course they were EEs. I do love them though! I went to tractor supply this February to pick up some more chicks and they had a bin labeled "Americaunas" it kind of got me mad because they are mislabeling their bins. I know they probably don't do it on purpose but the hatcheries know better... I almost said something but decided not to. I just got my EEs and left.
But if still love to get a few pure Ameracaunas. I think they are some of the prettiest chickens.

I'd love to have a pure Ameracauna. My first chickens were sold to me as "Americauna" and of course they were EEs. I do love them though! I went to tractor supply this February to pick up some more chicks and they had a bin labeled "Americaunas" it kind of got me mad because they are mislabeling their bins. I know they probably don't do it on purpose but the hatcheries know better... I almost said something but decided not to. I just got my EEs and left.
But if still love to get a few pure Ameracaunas. I think they are some of the prettiest chickens.

They are very pretty, and the temperament on my Ameraucana chicks was much mellower than my EEs have been in the past. They seemed almost un-afraid of "The Hand" as chicks - and they still are very mellow chickens. Not laying yet - but they are getting big.

You can place an order now for next year with some of the breeders on the ABC website, or you can purchase hatching eggs here on BYC from people you can read what they are doing with their flocks. I just bought hatching eggs for Black Ameraucanas from dak on the 24 Hr Auction thread, I believe she has another set up right now. She has some really beautiful birds.

Back
Top Bottom