Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I'm also pretty sure these ladies have worms. I see small white eggs in at least one hen's poop. I've never wormed before, but from what I read, Wazine first, then 2 weeks later, Valbazen or Ivomec? Dump eggs the whole treatment time + 2 weeks? diatamacious earth. works great and safe to eat eggs. sprinkle on their food and give them a pan of it to roll in for mites. Geez, this is getting expensive.
barnie.gif

OK - I'm posting pics of my hens and older pullets. Keep in mind, I yoinked them off a roost in the dark and put them in front of a camera, so none of them are really standing in a natural stance. It's more the "deer in the headlights" stance.
ep.gif
And condition is pretty cruddy on the hens, as they were recently in with an aggressive male, and several are molting I think.

Any notes on them would be appreciated.

Hen 1

Hen 2 - this one is wild - I had to chase her down throughout my house

Hen 38 - I've never noticed the white tips on her tail until the pic - I think it's the camera. I would've noticed white tail...

Older Blue Hen - my original Ameraucana

Pullet Orange

Pullet Pink

Pullet Yellow

Pullet Blue (blue leg band - not variety ;) )

Thanks for looking (and commenting).
Angela
Pink and yellow appear to have the best potential. The blue hen has good type but the ear lobe color is questionable. Also she may have duck foot. Hard to tell for sure from the pic. That would be a disqualification.

Nope, no duck foot. We've shown her before with no problems. :) She was probably just standing funny in the pic.

Angela

Boy or girl. this one has me guessing.Born 4/2. Early red comb and early in charge maid me think boy. but her tail insnt convincing me. I almost think of her clucks and behavior as a pullet too. what does everyone think.

I looked at my 8 chicks today. Going by comb and tail growth I have all pullets :(. Dont get me wrong that is good but now I dont have a cockerel. They all have one row of peas. They are all 6 weeks old. One does have a little red in the comb, but it only has one row and it has a long tail so I am still convinced it is a pullet. I hope one of them is just trying to trick me. I Dont remember if I posted this here or not, but one sunday I had 6 chicks hatch. I only have 5 now because one died (it had a tumor or hernia on its butt). I have 3 black, 1 blue, and 1 splash. The splash is my favorite so far though, Now watch all these will turn out to be cockerels lol.

I looked at my 8 chicks today. Going by comb and tail growth I have all pullets :(. Dont get me wrong that is good but now I dont have a cockerel. They all have one row of peas. They are all 6 weeks old. One does have a little red in the comb, but it only has one row and it has a long tail so I am still convinced it is a pullet. I hope one of them is just trying to trick me. I Dont remember if I posted this here or not, but one sunday I had 6 chicks hatch. I only have 5 now because one died (it had a tumor or hernia on its butt). I have 3 black, 1 blue, and 1 splash. The splash is my favorite so far though, Now watch all these will turn out to be cockerels lol.

Sometimes an Ameraucana roo can be a late bloomer- maybe wait a few more weeks before you worry. I had one I swore was a pullet until about 4 months old- he was a REALLY late bloomer!

Quote: I have a pullet..she is a pretty large full body and a beautiful single row of peas. Longer tail feathers, acts like a girl looks like a girl, no saddle feathers, all feathers soft and rounded. She started to try to breed yesterday and tried to crow.
lau.gif
My she turned into a he. He should be getting some male looking parts soon..He is almost 4 months old.

Back
Top Bottom