Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Garry says hi! Lol he is my lucky lav roo, he gets a few girls to himself :) still haven't chosen a blue and black for breeding yet... But we have time :) I have a "bachelors pad" for the boys I'm keeping for showing and seperating for breeding different colors.

He's gorgeous!

Part of my flock. BBS Ameraucana pullets in the center, blue cockerel on the right and black cockerel in the back.

We are leaning towards keeping the black roo, so far, he seems to have better confirmation and he's gorgeous to watch. Beautiful feathers. We are waiting to see how his personality pans out.

Jubilee Orp and black Ameraucana cockerel again. Kind of blurry but you can see his confirmation. Jubilee is much prettier in all my other photos. She looks weird in this one.

One of my blue girls. This shot is pretty indicative of her personality, and black cockerel in the back again.

Last edited:
That is gold and silver leakage . Believed to be from not enough melanizers by some . Only shows on males . So females are the source . I am sure the breeder did not use a leaky male to breed . It means you have to test breed the females to find which hens are producing these males . Never use a leaky male to breed . In your case I would try another source .
One of my blue roosters is starting to show this, and he came directly from Paul Smith. I'm glad to know it could be melanizers, instead of a wheaten cross. I have 4 blue roos, and only one is showing this leakage, so he is a cull

One of my blue roosters is starting to show this, and he came directly from Paul Smith. I'm glad to know it could be melanizers, instead of a wheaten cross. I have 4 blue roos, and only one is showing this leakage, so he is a cull

Yes even the best lines can produce culls . It is so disappointing when I hear a good breeder slammed because some cull showed up . Selection is a ongoing process . Paul produces some of the best but as you see a cull can appear .

Yes even the best lines can produce culls . It is so disappointing when I hear a good breeder slammed because some cull showed up . Selection is a ongoing process . Paul produces some of the best but as you see a cull can appear .
I don't fault Paul at all. Culls happen. The other birds, in my limited experience, are gorgeous, though. I am extremely happy with how they have grown out. Now it's time to sell off the boys and get these girls to laying
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom