Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

My breeding trio of Blue Splash Wheaten...

That was a few weeks ago and they're in the grow-out pen now. I love them so much I bought more hatching eggs lol
1f602.png

Umm those are Easter eggers . Wrong color for splash wheaten .

That would also explain why all 11 that hatched were quite different. Ugh. They are pretty but that's crappy someone can list like that. I'm kind of a newbie (farm kid and grandkid) so live and learn I guess!

Unfortunately that is how most of us learned, except Jerry of course, lol... fortunately that is a lesson that we only need to learn once and we remember it better for that...
At least you whould have some pretty blue/green egg layers and EE's are usually in demand too so you can sell them off if you'd rather too...

That would also explain why all 11 that hatched were quite different. Ugh. They are pretty but that's crappy someone can list like that. I'm kind of a newbie (farm kid and grandkid) so live and learn I guess!

Unfortunately that is how most of us learned, except Jerry of course, lol... fortunately that is a lesson that we only need to learn once and we remember it better for that...
At least you whould have some pretty blue/green egg layers and EE's are usually in demand too so you can sell them off if you'd rather too...
I still have the EEs that I thought were Ameraucanas when I bought them. They are beautiful birds, and I love not knowing what colors will hatch, but I really wanted some pure Ams. That's how I wound up with the Smith birds I got this year.
I don't know how the market is in MN, but here in SC show quality rarely brings more $ than standard pullets. The going price here is $12-15/ pullet, whether it's a RIR or BCM, and EEs sell just as well as Ams. To get any more for the Ams, or to sell fertile eggs, I will have to look into shipping

I still have the EEs that I thought were Ameraucanas when I bought them. They are beautiful birds, and I love not knowing what colors will hatch, but I really wanted some pure Ams. That's how I wound up with the Smith birds I got this year.
I don't know how the market is in MN, but here in SC show quality rarely brings more $ than standard pullets. The going price here is $12-15/ pullet, whether it's a RIR or BCM,  and EEs sell just as well as Ams. To get any more for the Ams, or to sell fertile eggs, I will have to look into shipping

We sold most of ours, but still have an EE hen and a few chicks we're growing out cuz my OH loved those hens... they're separate from our Am's though, but no shame in keeping pretty hens that lay pretty eggs... :)

Yes it is a common story . The wheaten family chicks hatch yellow . Many sellers do not know . They are still learning .

Very true... those mistakes I understand... the ones that irritate me are the ones who do know better... asked someone once about the colors they had and they went into a whole spiel about how they come out in all different colors as per the breed... :/

Back
Top Bottom