Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I have ten day old olive egger chicks.  Marans and Cream Legbars.

There's no red or any other colors on the chicks. Could you post a pic of your chicks? Just curious!

Also, I think it's the husband not being too keen with colors as his wife (who I think runs the show) was not there.

I got my "American Standard of Perfection 44th edition" today!!!! I couldn't help but notice that my girls have features similar to the Sumatra (very dark eyes, tails are carried lower than they should be, gypsy faces). Is it possible that someone used a Sumatra bird to reduce leakage and 'darken up' ,so to say, their line of Ameraucanas, and then sell these as culls?

I got my "American Standard of Perfection 44th edition" today!!!! I couldn't help but notice that my girls have features similar to the Sumatra (very dark eyes, tails are carried lower than they should be, gypsy faces). Is it possible that someone used a Sumatra bird to reduce leakage and 'darken up' ,so to say, their line of Ameraucanas, and then sell these as culls?
Yes...it was done and it wasn't me that did it. It was a bad move in my opinion, but some think these Sumatra/Ameraucana cross breeds are the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Buyer beware.

Is this color considered blue wheaten? Also, look at that comb. He's bigger than the other chicks too.
Sorry old post u already know it's not blue wheaten, for sure!
1f49b.png
I love Ameracaunas! they are my favourite breed I have a buff ameracauna and she's so kind and gentle I suggest everyone to get one and hug it everyday!
Awww....I'm an Ameraucana huggin girl myself
2764.png
Gorgeous logos, Susan! :thumbsup
For sure! Very nice work Susan!
X3

Thought I would get your input before I get these guys.
Are they Ameraucans and what kind?
Since they are the bantam size if breed to a full size blue hen will the chicks be bantam size?

Thank you for your help.

Sorry old post u already know it's not blue wheaten, for sure!
1f49b.png

Awww....I'm an Ameraucana huggin girl myself
2764.png

For sure! Very nice work Susan!
X3

Thank you, everyone! It is a work in progress. I'm trying to get the store open before I see the surgeon next week, but I'm burning the midnight oil to get it all done. LOL

And, still working on the final version of the new egg cards, too. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom