Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I have another one that has nice slate legs which I will try to post pictures of it too. I got them from mossy Creek farms, she should get all the credit.
1f609.png

(They even came from beautiful blue eggs.)

My apologies! I didnt realize it was a project bird!

Thank you. I still have Gypsy, the black hen, and she will turn 9 years old in November. Her mother, Charlotte, passed away unexpectedly a few years ago. They are wonderful birds. Gypsy is my heart. She still lays, even at her age.

That's amazing - glad you still have her, she really is gorgeous!

Couple questions about my Wheatens...

Just double checking, Splash Wheaten?

And what's everyone's thoughts on "Angel Feathers" also heard it referred to "Boule"? I noticed that my pick Wheaten cockerel (so far;)) has the most swept back feathers of my bunch. Is it something desirable or not? Maybe in moderation?
He was trying to get settled in for the night...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Couple questions about my Wheatens...

Just double checking, Splash Wheaten?

And what's everyone's thoughts on "Angel Feathers" also heard it referred to "Boule"? I noticed that my pick Wheaten cockerel (so far;)) has the most swept back feathers of my bunch. Is it something desirable or not? Maybe in moderation?
He was trying to get settled in for the night...
roll.png

Looks like a blue wheaten pullet to me. I wouldn't worry about the "windswept" look at this age. Most of them grow out of it.

I am new to chickens. My dad bought some last year. So this spring I wanted to add colored eggs to our flock. I read and read. I knew that most people selling Americanas were selling EE. So when I found out TSC had Ameraucanas I jumped on buying them....
1f623.png
Ended up with two silkies. So in my irritation I ended up buying two older chicks from the feed mill. Again lacking experience, they are both cockerels. The blue wheaten is beautiful. But ultimately I'm looking for pullets. I'm not sure what to do with them. I haven't had anyone interested in them. The auction is so traumatizing. I have a lovely Welsummer X cockerel in third pic that I was planning on keeping. So far he has a great disposition and has been good with the older hens (he is 19 weeks old). I don't really have coop room to keep enough hens for two roosters. We have a large coop for 15 and then a smaller TSC coop that holds 4-6 I think that I used to introduce the newbies (the AMs are currently in that coop). I'm having a hell of a time finding Ameraucana pullets. I really don't want to raise chicks this late in the year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom