Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

This is my darling son. He fell in love with these babies and just had to have them. What is their coloring category, and any ideas about sex?
[/IMG]

My birds get to choose if they go in the rain or not. They do just fine. Most of the time, if they need shelter, they will find it.

Same here. Mine have the advantage of their coop being a converted horse stall in a barn. Their "run" is the barn alley and it has a dirt floor. I have muddy chickens because they go out in the rain and dust bathe when they come back in. No issues with them drip drying in the coop.

I've read before about an area in Africa with one of the most idea climates for chickens. If you study the housing for large commercial chicken operations you'll find temperature, humidity and ventilation pretty much in that order as the main concerns and of course there are reasons with all the $ involved.

Crowding could also be an issue in the big chicken factories so they would need to be very aware of those things.

They are beautiful like robins eggs, one very blue, one a little greener. So much nicer than my Cream Legbars.

CLEARLY you need to get out the new color wheel and post which color each egg is
wink.png

Is there anyone in the Los Angeles area who wants one or more of my cockerels from onceinabluemoonfarmstead for free? I have two splash from the wheaten/bluewheaten/splash Ameraucanas and possibly one white Amerauacana. I'm in the San Fernando Valley.

Well said.  I feel pullorum-typhoid testing is a waste of my time and recourses.

Pullorum-typhoid still exist. Maybe not in large commercial settings but likely in backyard flocks. The real threat is AI and you don't have much of a choice if a high path AI strain is found in your state and your in the six mile ring of the target area. There's a new strain thats been discovered in Asia that is lethal but carried by waterfowl who appear only to be vectors. Millions of poultry were "depopulated" in 2014.-15

Back
Top Bottom