Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Is there anyone in the Los Angeles area who wants one or more of my cockerels from onceinabluemoonfarmstead for free? I have two splash from the wheaten/bluewheaten/splash Ameraucanas and possibly one white Amerauacana. I'm in the San Fernando Valley.

It would be helpful if you could post pictures of them. :)

These are the cockerels I need to rehome in Los Angeles.

@marchick

Coming soon.... (no hoodies) ;) Edited to add: The original hoodies are still available, but these don't have hoodies. :)

love.gif
thumbsup.gif
yippiechickie.gif
clap.gif
woot.gif
highfive.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
Will they come in the different varities? Did you get the idea that I am just a little happy! lol Oh, My Birthday is coming soon. I told my husband what I wanted!!! One of everything! lol

Last edited:
love.gif
thumbsup.gif
yippiechickie.gif
clap.gif
woot.gif
highfive.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
Will they come in the different varities? Did you get the idea that I am just a little happy! lol Oh, My Birthday is coming soon. I told my husband what I wanted!!! One of everything! lol

Are you happy? LOL

They will have the same six varieties that are currently available in the hoodies...and more when i get time to create some more graphics, but that will probably not be until after my surgery. :)

@RedBanks , the wheaten girls are so pretty. I love the blue wheatens, too. I've always thought they were some of the prettiest Ameraucana varieties. I have an EE hen who is 1/2 Blue Wheaten Ameraucana that has somewhat similar coloring but I just think the subtle shadings of the hens are very soft and soothing.
Thank you..... they are pretty and so sweet!

Quote: I have open coops, wire on a wood frame with a tin roof. I have sand on the coop floor, very easy to clean. If things get wet I will throw down hay for a couple of days and then remove it to let everything get dry again. It rains a lot here. For my climate I think this is a healthy environment. I don't have very many cold days and rarely a freezing day. If things get bad I take shower curtain hooks and hang tarps all around, easy to put up and easy to remove. Without any forethought the coop walls are just the right size for those cheap blue tarps. Don't you just love it when something works perfect and you didn't plan it at all. My chickens run for shelter in a heavy downpour but don't mind a light rain..... I think they find better bugs in the rain.

Well.... quarantine time is over for my new Ameraucana babies. They are all from Susan's stock, so it's safe to say they are totally awesome.
wink.png

My wheaten cockerel, Garfunkel, lost is his head when he saw Goldie, a blue wheaten pullet - he literally chased her all over the place. The black Ameraucana group wasn't very well received by the olive eggers, unfortunately, so I put all of the new guys and gals with the young Polish chickens until the add-on is done this week. The black Ameraucana birds and blue wheaten cockerel keep to themselves as a group, but they don't bother the Polish and they Polish don't bother them. They don't fight, so that's good. Goldie seems to prefer the company of the calm buff laced polish. I added extra roost space to accommodate the extras in that pen. I'll be checking on them several times over the next few days to make sure everyone is okay.

Quote:
I've read before about an area in Africa with one of the most idea climates for chickens. If you study the housing for large commercial chicken operations you'll find temperature, humidity and ventilation pretty much in that order as the main concerns and of course there are reasons with all the $ involved.

Crowding could also be an issue in the big chicken factories so they would need to be very aware of those things.

They are beautiful like robins eggs, one very blue, one a little greener. So much nicer than my Cream Legbars.

CLEARLY you need to get out the new color wheel and post which color each egg is
wink.png

Yes...... A new color wheel would be just the thing! I can't get a good picture. Here is one of the Wheaten's eggs from today next to a Cream Legbar's. The CL egg is not white! It is blue.
Ameraucana on the left. The Ams eggs are beautiful.

Yes...... A new color wheel would be just the thing! I can't get a good picture. Here is one of the Wheaten's eggs from today next to a Cream Legbar's. The CL egg is not white! It is blue.
Ameraucana on the left. The Ams eggs are beautiful.

Since the egg on the right is actually a blue egg from a cream legbar, then the Ameraucana's egg must be an amazing shade in real life.

Back
Top Bottom