Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Hen or rooster?

I ordered some eggs from WV. Sounds like a long ways from my home in KS! This will be the first time I've tried incubating shipped eggs. Fingers crossed! Pretty excited...

I ordered some eggs from WV. Sounds like a long ways from my home in KS! This will be the first time I've tried incubating shipped eggs. Fingers crossed! Pretty excited...

Sid there was someone on the Ameraucana Marketplace selling out of OK. Tx has many sellers too. But it is late in the season for many breeders. I am waiting now for my just bought eggs to hatch today.

Hi,

New to chicken keeping! I recently got 5 wheaten and blue wheaten chicks - straight run. They are about 3.5 weeks now. From their colouring, I think I ended up with 2 blues and 3 wheatens. Are there any indicators of gender at this point? I'm almost positive that I have one wheaten cockerel because he is much darker than the rest and one blue wheaten pullet because she is much lighter. I am unsure about the rest. I have my guesses but would love to hear from someone more experienced about what to look for.

Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom