Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

The rooster in the add has dark legs... but do they have a green tinge?

Shudder

If those dark legs are pure slate... yeah, might be nice to add him in.... depending on what his face looks like.

If those legs have green in them... don't add the nightmare of even more unwanted genetics.

I've asked them to send me closer photos. Maybe I'll get some answers. :p

Ok you all have me questioning if my 3 gals and 1 gentlemen are EE or what I am confused but either way I love all 3 of them I only have a good picture of one female and the roo, I will have to get better pictures of the other two tomorrow can someone please let me know what breed these two are? Thank you all this thread has been informative.
20201014_123216.jpg

20201019_125817.jpg

@Msoul

Easter eggers. Green legs, not a recognized APA color. Rooster looks like it MIGHT be a modified pea comb. VERY pretty though. I love EE colors.

Contacted the person on craigslist - they are ESL and the rooster is a mix. Alas. :(

@Msoul

Easter eggers. Green legs, not a recognized APA color. Rooster looks like it MIGHT be a modified pea comb. VERY pretty though. I love EE colors.

Contacted the person on craigslist - they are ESL and the rooster is a mix. Alas. :(
Thank you :) no worries yes I love their colors. Finally started laying last week after what felt like forever but we now have beautiful mint green eggs. I will have to get the last picture of my last gal tomorrow shes a dark color almost black looking. Thank you for the information.

Sold three of the POL green layers today, just as I'd hoped (the darkest three). Soon I will bounce the three remaining Garage Birds to outside and bring the other six pullets in. The plan is to sell at least most of those birds once I see what color they lay.

Sold three of the POL green layers today, just as I'd hoped (the darkest three). Soon I will bounce the three remaining Garage Birds to outside and bring the other six pullets in. The plan is to sell at least most of those birds once I see what color they lay.
Yep, good idea.

Always easy to sell POL pullets.

Yep. Got a good price for them for my area and they're off to live with some neighborhoods head of the gardening committee. Which is good because I still have 9 POL pullets and 14 wheaten/EE chicks and 4 australorps and 2 leghorns from TSC I got for $0.50 each at two weeks old to select from for next years flock. :lau

(Pssst. I might have too many chicks.)

Back
Top Bottom