1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ameraucana ???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NewToTheFlock, Sep 13, 2014.

1. NewToTheFlock

NewToTheFlock Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2014
    Quinlan Texas
    [​IMG] I was wondering if anyone could verify this being an Ameraucana and Brahma mix.

2. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Does she have any leg feathering at all? Leg feathering is dominant, so if she's half Brahma she'd definitely have at least some sparse leg feathering.

She looks quite Delaware-ish to me. That crossed with an Ameraucana or Easter Egger.

3. NewToTheFlock

Sep 11, 2014
    Quinlan Texas
    No leg feathering. She looks just like my light Brahma except for the legs and the cheek puffs. And her lacing on feathers not so pronounced.

4. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Then my guess would be Delaware crossed with an Ameraucana or Easter Egger. She's a pretty girl. :)

5. NewToTheFlock

Sep 11, 2014
    Quinlan Texas
    I can't wait till she starts laying. Really wanna see what color eggs she lays.

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Her clean, dark legs and body shape say there's no recent Brahma ancestry there. Something Colombian-ish and something EE is my guess. Hope she lays you pretty colored eggs [​IMG]

7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Nope, not an Ameraucana. Instead, she's a pretty Easter Egger.

8. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    X2

9. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Delawares lay a brown egg. (Right?)

If so, she may lay a green egg!

10. PoultryQueen101

PoultryQueen101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2014
    Middle-East Ohio
    She is definately an ameraucana cross. The slate colored legs give me away. Did you hatch her? If her legs were pink at irth, EE, if they were dark/slate at birth, Ameraucana cross. Though I could be wrong but you can limit it down to slate dominant birds.

P.S. I looked up a possible color for her, if you had bought her that old, she could be the result of a columbian ameraucana project. Though the color is not admitted to the APA, it could be what you have.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by