Ameraucana

sarahb19243

Songster
6 Years
Apr 5, 2015
Western North Carolina
I have some Ameraucana chicks that I'm not sure what gender they are. Their combs aren't bright, but they do act like males. When I let them out of their cage the white one will jump and peck at the other male chicks. And the brown/white one has done this maybe 3 other times since I have had them. Their around 6 weeks or 7 weeks old. Thanks so much!

So far they look like girls. The white and red ones looks an awful lot like my little one. Interesting coloring for sure.
Mine has more white on her and is about 9 weeks old now.

Very similar colors to mine as well and i believe at this stage (8weeks) to be a roo. But yours looks much more hen than mine. The white one i cant vouch for americaunas seem to baffle me haha. I swear every time i make my mind up on gender of one it changes the next day. Good luck! But i think americaunas are a guessing game till they crow or lay.

sarab19243, all of your birds look like Easter Egger pullets.

richardwhite, your bird appear to be a cockerel.

sarab19243, all of your birds look like Easter Egger pullets.

richardwhite, your bird appear to be a cockerel.

Thats what i have been told and am watching this batch much closer to see the subtle ques so i can better identify. Heres to hoping for more pullets! Best of luck to everyone. This guy is a good looking guy so i think ill keep him. Let me know the turn out on yours sarah.

Back
Top Bottom