Ameraucanas? Any pullets?

Just wanted to update now that these guys are around 10 weeks old. I have 2 definite cockerels and 2 pullets. From the pictures above- the chick in the very last pic and the blue chick turned out to be pullets. The dark chick and the one in the 2nd to last pic (who is the same chick on the roost in the 3rd pic) are cockerels.
Here they are now
The pullets- Sapphire & Fernando (who needs a new name- we initially though she would turn out to be the boy!)

The cockerels- Topaz

Valentino (previously Valentina
1f60a.png
)

Last edited:
Just wanted to update now that these guys are around 10 weeks old. I have 2 definite cockerels and 2 pullets. From the pictures above- the chick in the very last pic and the blue chick turned out to be pullets. The dark chick and the one in the 2nd to last pic (who is the same chick on the roost in the 3rd pic) are cockerels.
Thanks for the update. I was hopeful that you had all pullets. It just goes to show that sometimes you can't tell until their ages are measured in months rather than just days for even weeks. There have even been those rare cases where no one at BYC was sure until they either crowed or laid an egg. :eek:)

So very true! I'm am just amazed at how much these chicks have changed in the last couple of weeks. The only one who looks anything like it did in those first pics is the blue one. She just got bigger but still looks relatively the same. The rest look completely different!

Back
Top Bottom