Ameraucana's from Ideal

Wow! Thanks for posting pictures. I am going to be ordering soon. I guess I will try a couple from them. It looks like most folks received mostly ones that produced
green or blue eggs. That is what I wanted.

Quote:
It is what Ideal calls them. Not out for a debate. Just want to know folks out there that bought from Ideal and what the percent of blue or green to brown.

I just wanted to chime in here and say that my BEST blue egg layer came from someone on craigslist. She's a gorgeous red/brown EE with the sweetest personality and lays me 5 to 6 pretty blue eggs a week! I would suggest putting an ad on craigslist under the "Wanted" section, saying you're looking for ameraucanas or easter eggers that lay blue or blue/green eggs. Maybe you'll find someone in your area who has them and can be a steady supplier for you.

Good luck and hope you get your blue eggs.
smile.png

Most of ours from them lay the blue or green eggs, but a couple did lay a light brown or pinkish tan . They lay a good sized egg and are good layers.
I just wish they had more of a variety of colors. Most are that brownish color . Some do not have muffs but still lay nice blue eggs.
A couple years ago I bought some very pretty colored EEs from someone here and they layed some extra large eggs in blue or geen shades. I wish I could remember who I bought them from. My friends kept begging for those chicks so I ended up with just 3 of them and lost them this past year when a friend watched my chickens and I was away at the hospital. She kept forgetting to close the coops and possums killed a bunch of my birds.

I've had 3 EEs from Ideal.

One layed as a blue an egg as any Ameraucana that I own... she had slate colored legs.
One layed a light green with speckles, she had green legs.
The last one layed a very light, creamish BROWN. she had 'dark' legs.

I got 8 chubby-cheeked little E.E. chicks in an assortment from Ideal last week!

2 white,
2 silver-grey,
2 chipmunks
2 sable - rich color!

This totally sells a roadblock in my pullet-selling, because I HAVE to keep these 8 little cuties! The 2 white chicks are constantly running back and forth and into everything! I usually just get RIRs and other American breeds in the assortment.

All of the chicks seem VERY happy and healthy!

Quote:
Ask and you will receive:

WOW, Cats Critters - you have some pretty E.E.s! I am keeping ALL 8 of the E.E.s I got after seeing your pics!

My adult E.E.s are not from Ideal, so I will take pictures of the 8 babies I just got and put them up.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

critterranch - let me know when you get yours, I will be very curious as to how many colors you get! I may have to order more now!
jumpy.gif
hide.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Ask and you will receive:

WOW, Cats Critters - you have some pretty E.E.s! I am keeping ALL 8 of the E.E.s I got after seeing your pics!

My adult E.E.s are not from Ideal, so I will take pictures of the 8 babies I just got and put them up.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

critterranch - let me know when you get yours, I will be very curious as to how many colors you get! I may have to order more now!
jumpy.gif
hide.gif
jumpy.gif

Thanks, unfortunately I only have Chipmunk left (rooster in first picture), one Spectacle (nest box hen) died for no reason this past summer, and Big Mama (hen in snow) and K.D. (2nd picture) where both killed by raccoons.

Back
Top Bottom