Ameraucanas or EEs?

aran

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 28, 2007
rochester ny
Hi guys...i posted the pics in my other post which i will put the link here for. I got three chickens for free from a lady who was leaving town. She told me they were ameraucanas. I have checked out the websites with the standards for ameraucanas and it seems as if the hens have most of the things needed...white skin, slate legs, beards, tufts, eye colour, white soles to their feet etc.

I got in touch with the breeder whom this lady got the birds from and was told that they were from ameraucana stock and not easter eggers. Can you guys tell me what you think? I really dont mind either way as long as i get green /blue eggs, but im curious.

Here is the link to the other thread:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=120848#p120848

EE's. the second one down looks EXACTLY like mine except yours has wider hips and a bigger comb - i guess yours will be laying before mine!

They could very well be Ameraucana.

I have raised a bunch of them, & I did not keep the different colors separate, cause I didn't have enough hens that were the same color as the roosters I had. So, I ended up with a lot of different colors. They were still Ameraucana's, only classified as AOV (All other varieties).

The only way you will be able to tell for sure is when they start laying eggs. EE's will lay all different colors of eggs, the Ameraurcana's are supposed to lay blue to blue-green eggs.

Jean

Back
Top Bottom