Ameraucauna or EE?

amanning0924

In the Brooder
Nov 30, 2015
East Tennessee

I am a newbie to raising chickens but I am absolutely loving it! We got Pepper back in Sept as a 15 week old hen and she laid her first little green egg today(right around 28 weeks). Yay!! We were told by the man we bought her from that she was a true Ameraucana (i probably spelled it wrong). We also bought a Rhode Island Red "hen" from him that I am pretty sure is a Roo. oops! I have looked at alot of Ameraucana pic on the web and have never seen one that looks like her or an Easter Egger for that matter. I'll keep researching, but in the meanwhile I thought somebody who knows more than I do might be able to tell what breed she is. Thanks for any help :)

I am a newbie to raising chickens but I am absolutely loving it! We got Pepper back in Sept as a 15 week old hen and she laid her first little green egg today(right around 28 weeks). Yay!! We were told by the man we bought her from that she was a true Ameraucana (i probably spelled it wrong). We also bought a Rhode Island Red "hen" from him that I am pretty sure is a Roo. oops! I have looked at alot of Ameraucana pic on the web and have never seen one that looks like her or an Easter Egger for that matter. I'll keep researching, but in the meanwhile I thought somebody who knows more than I do might be able to tell what breed she is. Thanks for any help :)

I have an EE that looks like her.

welcome-byc.gif

She's a pretty Easter Egger.

The seller probably didn't know the difference. When folks buy "Ameriucana" from a hatchery, that's what they expect to get. And when they turn around and re-sell those birds, they truly believe they're selling pure bred birds. they simply haven't done any research.

congrats on your colorful eggs!

Thanks to everybody who posted! I kinda thought that she might be EE when I saw that green egg. No matter to us though. We just love having fresh eggs and the green ones are just a bonus!!!

Back
Top Bottom