American Baptists - I need your input/exprieinces please

I didn't read all the posts, but as a Christian and a member of a Southern Baptist church,[you notice, I didn't identify myself as a Southern Baptist] here's my take on it. Baptism is strictly for the the fact that you recognize who Christ is and accept his sacrifice for the sins of all humanity. You are being baptized into Christ, not into a particular denomination, sect or religion. That is what church membership is for; an agreement to abide by their particular set of doctrinal rules.

You know the difference between a Baptist and a Catholic.....The Baptist hides his liquor, when the pastor comes to visit.

Quote:
Okay this is how I understood baptism as well. Thanks for putting it in the words I couldn't find
smile.png

And I agree, too. I'm not of a particular persuasion but I think I have sort of an understanding of religion and the politics that go with it. I believe baptism is something between the worshipper and God, in a way. While membership is between the worshipper and the church. In short, anyways...

Quote:
I agree what would Jesus do in this situation well........... what does the bible say?
people had a wide variety of opinions but whose matter the most? look in there for your answer.

1 corinthians 6:09 Jesus own words

Hebrews 13:04

If he is trying to do something contrary to what the Bible states is acceptable , then he needs to be stopped. Many christain churches, regardless of denomination, are watering things down to becoming more "appealing" to the world. God is the only one we need to please.

Back
Top Bottom