American Gamefowl

I kept the khaki Campbell hen but she would chase off some hens sometimes. She would drop her head and charge at them. Well...she pulled that sh*t with a stag one day when I was standing in the yard talking to a buddy. He was just asking about what kind of duck she was and I said “the annoying kind” just about that time she had run up on that stag and he dropped her stone dead.
These were given to us and I couldn’t stand them from day one pushed everything around only chicken we had that could hold there own was my game hen and she went around them twice before they knew what got them but they rode her legbar hen so bad she basically was feather less then the last time they got her down I killed them deader than a hammer

These were given to us and I couldn’t stand them from day one pushed everything around only chicken we had that could hold there own was my game hen and she went around them twice before they knew what got them but they rode her legbar hen so bad she basically was feather less then the last time they got her down I killed them deader than a hammer

IMG_3586.GIF

I have a few Pekins running around here. They don’t cause any trouble except for muddying up every water bowl they come across. The khaki Campbell drakes would take a beating every time they messed with a stag. I had to keep saving them only for them to mess with the duck hens. None of the drakes ever messed with any chickens. I usually have stags running loose before penning age so the drakes avoided them like the plague.

Drakes are the worst. Even wild ducks will sometimes drown a hen by continually mating them. Man they piss me off. I went nuts one day on those khaki Campbell’s. I saw enough and shot em dead in the yard. They are brutal bastards. Worse than any rooster I’ve ever seen.
Drakes are rough on the girls for sure. But I've seen two girl ducks dang near drown each other too.
But I also think that a lot of people give up on their Drake early when they're just hitting their maturity stage. They go through a horrible obnoxious stage at about 7-8 months where it seems like they just want to mount or attack everything that moves.
From what I seen with my ducks it does get better as they mature and with proper handling as long as they have enough girls.

Drakes are rough on the girls for sure. But I've seen two girl ducks dang near drown each other too.
But I also think that a lot of people give up on their Drake early when they're just hitting their maturity stage. They go through a horrible obnoxious stage at about 7-8 months where it seems like they just want to mount or attack everything that moves.
From what I seen with my ducks it does get better as they mature and with proper handling as long as they have enough girls.
I don’t know these were adults. They were probably about 1.5 yrs old. I don’t like ducks though so I didn’t have much patience for them. They make a mess, their eggs taste like hot garbage and they just generally irritate me. Almost as much as guinea hens. 😂

Cayugas think they are game birds! Rofl.
They have some kahonas 😂
I've seen mine charge at the dogs.
(The labs) but then they will turn around and run screaming from a little bitty duckling.

I don’t know these were adults. They were probably about 1.5 yrs old. I don’t like ducks though so I didn’t have much patience for them. They make a mess, their eggs taste like hot garbage and they just generally irritate me. Almost as much as guinea hens. 😂
Maybe I just get used to seeing it so it's not shocking to me anymore. 🤣

I've got this one little hoe call duck that gets the back of her head tore up every spring and fall.
I used to freak out about it and separate her until it was healed..
but as soon as I turn her loose should be out there flattening out for every Drake in the palace asking for it.
I give up. 💁
Unless it starts looking like hamburger meat I just leave her alone and let her do her thang.

Back
Top Bottom