American Gamefowl

He sleeps on his roost it's like his guarding the nest.
Yeah I’ve had a few do it before. I don’t leave roosters in with chicks for long though because they step on them by accident sometimes. They’re usually plenty gentle with them though. Just can’t let other chicks wind up in another hens pen. Then it gets bad.

Yeah I’ve had a few do it before. I don’t leave roosters in with chicks for long though because they step on them by accident sometimes. They’re usually plenty gentle with them though. Just can’t let other chicks wind up in another hens pen. Then it gets bad.

Yeah I'll move em all back out once the hens either goes to sitting or I see the hens wanting to sit but the rooster is still trying to mate.

I've not had a drake be friendly with ducklings.
But I have known other people to say theirs co -parent. I would rather just not take the chance and keep them separate.

Back
Top Bottom