American Gamefowl

Way less people on the river/creeks no yuppies and where ya couldn’t get before the brush etc has died down too. I haven’t wet a line in a few weeks I know the fish will be slower (Can about forget large mouth when it’s 20) and whatnot but ima get back to it when I can hit up the river I still believe theirs some smallies in there if not rock bass is fine with me.

That's why fall and winter are the best time to fish
Gets a little cold here in winter man. Just about everything freezes up in winter. Even salt water gets extremely slow once the water gets to a certain temp. Fall is definitely good though for bass and others. Fishing for trout is hands down best in spring early summer though.

As long as it doesn’t get too cold too soon the saltwater stuff can still be good for a few more weeks. I may try to go to the beach a few more times this year before it gets too stupid cold to be standing in cold water.
90AA16D1-CE11-4EEE-808D-51AB5AC1389D.jpeg

Gets a little cold here in winter man. Just about everything freezes up in winter. Even salt water gets extremely slow once the water gets to a certain temp. Fall is definitely good though for bass and others. Fishing for trout is hands down best in spring early summer though.
It dont stay cold long enough to do anything here luckily

River will freeze but only for a little while and no real large bodies of water unless I drive an hour plus for large mouths and they thrive best in mid 60-70s temp water only two small over fished ponds here in the county... not to say they can’t be caught because I have but winter fishing for em is always a tad tougher. Creeks hardly completely frozen if it’s real cold it’s usually just up on the top in most place cause they move pretty good. If it’s to cold I’m definitely not ice fishing but if it’s in the mid 30’s+ I may be tempted haha. I’m sure they will be days/weeks where the weather will be milder always swings anyhow.

If not I like to buy reels and rods and fix them and sometimes sell them it’ll keep the “fishing spirits” flowing.

As long as it doesn’t get too cold too soon the saltwater stuff can still be good for a few more weeks. I may try to go to the beach a few more times this year before it gets too stupid cold to be standing in cold water.
View attachment 2422631

Dang done got you one of the rare pink deer! Flys look real nice.

Back
Top Bottom