American Gamefowl

20210413_094150.jpg
20210413_092241.jpg
20210413_092230.jpg

Has anyone tried keeping gamefowl on ziplines? My roosters are on tie cords right now but I saw this setup for dogs and I think it would be better. You can put them closer to trees and shade without getting their cords all tangled around tree trunks. And you can hang laundry on it when the birds aren't using it.
dogs550w350h-opt.jpeg

Has anyone tried keeping gamefowl on ziplines? My roosters are on tie cords right now but I saw this setup for dogs and I think it would be better. You can put them closer to trees and shade without getting their cords all tangled around tree trunks. And you can hang laundry on it when the birds aren't using it.
View attachment 2619880
I wonder if a chicken would be heavy enough to pull the cord back and forth on the line though. And if so, what if they try to fly up to sit on the zip line and end up tangling themselves up on it. Idk. I'm thinking there might be too many things that could go wrong with that.
But I'm just a crazy duck lady so 🤷 let's see what everyone else says.

I wonder if a chicken would be heavy enough to pull the cord back and forth on the line though. And if so, what if they try to fly up to sit on the zip line and end up tangling themselves up on it. Idk. I'm thinking there might be too many things that could go wrong with that.
But I'm just a crazy duck lady so 🤷 let's see what everyone else says.
I agree! I'd hate to try that and see my birds hanging dead from the line

View attachment 2619880

An overhead zipline - that's going to just pull the rooster's leg up unless you put some type of harness on him, then the crafty devil would just find a way to get out of it. He likely would not move the line like a dog would either.
Leg tie on the ground would be the way to go - tried and true method.

An overhead zipline - that's going to just pull the rooster's leg up unless you put some type of harness on him, then the crafty devil would just find a way to get out of it. He likely would not move the line like a dog would either.
Leg tie on the ground would be the way to go - tried and true method.
OK, darn. The roosters seem bored on their tie cords. They just stand around all day while everyone else is jumping around in brush piles on the other side of the yard.

View attachment 2619880
Tie cords have been used for a long time because they work. Reinventing the wheel rarely pans out.

Back
Top Bottom