American Gamefowl

One of the Cuban mommas is the meanest baddest hen I’ve seen in awhile. She’s chased off the dogs, beat the tar out of the mug/blue hen with chicks (good thing I caught em) and I tripped and went to close to fast toward her and the chicks and she came straight at my facehole. But a great momma both are still raising them together
Mean Mummy's gets wound up the first week or so after hatch, then she'll settle.
She does a good job. Next year I think she'll be even better just like her mama Tetsy.

20210915_191553.jpg
20210915_191451.jpg

Everything else is molting pretty heavy but I appreciate it. How many did u end up raising this season
Mine are molting too...pitiful and grumpy.

I didn't hatch that many, 11 including the ones from this week. Lost 1 stag to a Coyote, have 3 more stags running loose with the girls. Will have to cull at least 2 of them once they start making trouble. I'd get some pics but I swear all the GF youngsters this year are wild, they avoid me like the plague, they see me coming and run 😝 I keep trying to get photos though.

Gems don't really count since they are layers, but Tetsy raised them this year. They run free with the GF Gang and make it up into the rafters every night. I look up and those fluffy Gals are just starring at down me🤣

1632410974827.png

Mine are molting too...pitiful and grumpy.

I didn't hatch that many, 11 including the ones from this week. Lost 1 stag to a Coyote, have 3 more stags running loose with the girls. Will have to cull at least 2 of them once they start making trouble. I'd get some pics but I swear all the GF youngsters this year are wild, they avoid me like the plague, they see me coming and run 😝 I keep trying to get photos though.

Gems don't really count since they are layers, but Tetsy raised them this year. They run free with the GF Gang and make it up into the rafters every night. I look up and those fluffy Gals are just starring at down me🤣

View attachment 2843662
Looking good. Hopefully nothing else gets any

Back
Top Bottom