American serama thread!

Thank you ruthless and pongo I appreciate all the info. I will hold my breath to see if we get a frizzle and to see weather or not we get a hen. Now I must look thru my grow out pen for a little black hen that will compliment him well (I think I have just the hen).
thumbsup.gif

X2 She is very nice looking.. I have a few quick question's for you guys.

#1 I had a baby hatch that came from normal feathered daddy/ silkie frizzled mommy, I know that silkie will be hidden but what are the chances that it will be frizzled?

#2 I have a chocolate roo in order to get more chocolates should I pair him with a black hen or something lighter?

Hatch me,
A chocolate rooster to a chocolate hen will produce 100% chocolate pullets and cockerels. The chocolate rooster to any other color hen will produce 50% chocolate pullets 50% non-chocolate pullets, 50% chocolate split cockerels and 50% non- chocolate carrying cockerels. Just think of it as chocolate will dilute any black on the chicks so it doesn't matter what color or how light or dark the hens are, you'll still get the same percentages I mentioned. If you are breeding to hens with any sort of patterns or any red, the red areas won't be affected if they are chocolate. You can have patterned chocolates, the areas that would have been black will all be diluted to chocolate and the red and white areas will still be red and white so you'll get chocolate patterned on the ones that get the chocolate.

Did you raise the chocolate rooster? Do you have photo's? I'd Love to see him. I'm dying waiting to see if any of my chocolates are cockerels. All of my chocolates are hens so far and I have 2 chocolate split roosters but no chocolate roosters unless one or more of these chicks are male.

Cathy

dang it! I can't recall if it was smooth mule or red rooster who wanted to know when My Paints were ready...Yes....I'm old....lol
Sooo any way! They are ready and I have added pics to my webpage
Suz

smoothmule I will get some pics up this evening for you to look at and see him. Good luck with your babies and getting a roo out of the babies. No I did not breed him he was a purchased bird who started out looking like a mottled bird then he molted and turned into this beautiful brown dark chocolate color. (I may be calling him chocolate and he isn't) I will let the experts decide if he is or not. Thanks for the info
bow.gif

so here is my "chocolate" roo, this is a bad pic of him but this is his coloring (for now) he did not want to pose for me but he has a very nice stance, he could use a little work though. I notice now that he does have the red areas on him so does that count him out? He is also 3 months older than this pic is. Any and ALL criticism is welcome, I need the feedback so I can improve and learn, thanks!!

One more week to go!!!

The FIRST TABLE-TOP SERAMA SHOW in TEXAS

5th Annual "Fancy Feathers 4-H Open Chicken Show
APA/ABA/SCNA sanctioned
March 10, 2012
Comal County Fairgrounds
701 Common Street, New Braunfels, TX

http://lssserama.webs.com

Back
Top Bottom