American serama thread!

Nurseshelly! Who was the ebay seller?! Those are gorgeous! And what are their temperments like? ours is so tame, we took him to the kids school to show him off...

Nurseshelly! Who was the ebay seller?! Those are gorgeous! And what are their temperments like? ours is so tame, we took him to the kids school to show him off...
Hi,
Phyllis the silkie serama (black and white) came from Meadowcreek 298, the current ad is titled
36 TINY MALAYSIAN SERAMA FERTILE HATCHING EGGS 48.95

She didn't take very good pictures of them, so it was hard to see the quality of the birds. When I kept Phyllis, I had no idea how she would turn out. Memphis bought a batch from her where none hatched, then I bought a batch not knowing that, and I had a good hatch rate. Shows you what the difference the post office trip makes.
The frizzle hen is from Zoomumzy (hope I spelled it right) / Castle Delights Seramas.
The little frizzle boys are from my eggs.
All of them are friendly and tame, but our rooster is the most tame, because we handle him every day. He sleeps inside at night, and goes out with the girls around noon. We are not legal, and we don't want the neighbors to complain. When we got them we thought they were legal (they are in Gilbert), but then we found out our lot is about 600 square feet too small to be zoned for them. We already had them when we found out about the lot size component.

Hi,
Phyllis the silkie serama (black and white) came from Meadowcreek 298, the current ad is titled
36 TINY MALAYSIAN SERAMA FERTILE HATCHING EGGS 48.95

She didn't take very good pictures of them, so it was hard to see the quality of the birds. When I kept Phyllis, I had no idea how she would turn out. Memphis bought a batch from her where none hatched, then I bought a batch not knowing that, and I had a good hatch rate. Shows you what the difference the post office trip makes.
The frizzle hen is from Zoomumzy (hope I spelled it right) / Castle Delights Seramas.
The little frizzle boys are from my eggs.
All of them are friendly and tame, but our rooster is the most tame, because we handle him every day. He sleeps inside at night, and goes out with the girls around noon. We are not legal, and we don't want the neighbors to complain. When we got them we thought they were legal (they are in Gilbert), but then we found out our lot is about 600 square feet too small to be zoned for them. We already had them when we found out about the lot size component.
Not a fan of Meadowcreek298. the eggs arrived broken scrambled and rotten. it was aweful and they said tough luck...even though he or she new they were for my 4th grade class. she was a real jerk. There are tons of better people around to get eggs from that have awesome birds. I personally love zoomumzy or ruthless eggs...both have frizzle and silkie eggs. I also love junebugs silkies and she has pet quality that are really reasonable. I

Thanks for the input on hatching eggs! I really appreciate you taking the time. I just wish I could find someone closer to me in Mid state PA!

Hi there! I am looking to purchase Seramas! I am from Northwest Ohio. Does anyone know of any breeders in this area?

Just found your post...first off :welcome and you can go to the American Serama Association thread and ask around there. One person I know that lives in Ohio is Edgar Mongold.
Also you can check on SCNA website and ask there for locals. I know they are out there, this will hel you find them I hope...:fl :D

Phyllis my silkie hen is in one with Dolly :)
Phyllis and Dolly are
droolin.gif
just gorgeous! Love the silkie's coloring...

Froggie, she's doing great! Getting little feathers at the top of her wings that kinda stick up. Not sure wht they are called! Did you see the pics I put up last week? I will try nd get some today. I'm not sure she is much bigger but she eating well and she can push the Cochins around the brooder!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom