American serama thread!

is she a Serama because I'm not sure she looks like these in her body

You gotcha THREE beautiful Serama babies there..LOL

I am so happy today!:weee I went out to check my Serama babies and they are old enough to sex. The little roos have started to get red combs.I had two clutches. My first clutch of six had only one roo. The second clutch has three roos out of 16. I am averaging 81% - 83% hens! I am so excited.

MAN are you are one lucky peep! Those are wonderful stats!!!! :yesss:

Here's a pic of my one serama chick. He lives with a japanese bantam chick.
Crappy face pic, but you can see his cute colors best in this one

this is his baby pic

And Berry on her clutch -

Wow! Lots of serama lovers out there! I know there are numerous experts on this thread and I was hoping someone would be able to answer a serama question? These four darlings are being sold to me as seramas... Are they Seramas? And if they are, are they really a cockerel and 3 pullets? Thank you in advance! :D the first three are 3 weeks, #4 is two weeks. :)

Again, thank you. :)

Wow! Lots of serama lovers out there! I know there are numerous experts on this thread and I was hoping someone would be able to answer a serama question? These four darlings are being sold to me as seramas... Are they Seramas? And if they are, are they really a cockerel and 3 pullets? Thank you in advance! :D the first three are 3 weeks, #4 is two weeks. :)

Again, thank you. :)

You are right about one boy, 2 girls, FOR SURE, little 2 week peep is looking girl, but there is still 2 weeks to go. they sure do appear to be seramas.....only time will tell...Adorable little munchkins!

You are right about one boy, 2 girls, FOR SURE, little 2 week peep is looking girl, but there is still 2 weeks to go. they sure do appear to be seramas.....only time will tell...Adorable little munchkins!

Oh, phew! I've even reading and I was worried they would be a knock-off cross of some kind! Im hopeful thay are close to purebred seramas because they all have yellow legs, although 3's legs are look kind of olive... I really can't wait to see what their feathers look like when they are all grown up! My favorite is pullet #1. Thank you for your help!!!:D

Sorry not the best pics i need to get new ones and bq onpy because i have never shown him
[/IMG]
he does yave a good chest just hates to stand still for camera

If that is how is stands all by himself with out you "posing" him, he has a very good start! I would try showing him if you want to give it a go... LOL Because of his weight [190z] hes alittle on the heavysize so if breeding use smaller hens to get that weigh down on the BEBEs.... just saying.....OH HECK>>>> just have FUN with them!! :yesss:

Oh, phew! I've even reading and I was worried they would be a knock-off cross of some kind! Im hopeful thay are close to purebred seramas because they all have yellow legs, although 3's legs are look kind of olive... I really can't wait to see what their feathers look like when they are all grown up! My favorite is pullet #1. Thank you for your help!!!:D

Yes there are alot of people that either by ignorance or intention do the knock-off thing...
Olive/green legs are still a serama trait, so that is no problem...

GENERALLY speaking when the serama has been intermixed with OEGBs [ which is the most common mixing] what pops up is long backs, WHITE legs, different shaped combs, more horizontal wing carriage and a tail that isn't "perky" and vertical like a serama...so those are dead giveaways to intermixing breeds.....
Just curious, do these 4 gremlins share the same parents? LOL

Back
Top Bottom