American serama thread!

Hi everyone! I haven't been on byc for awhile, so have lots of catching up on this thread. I love my seramas, they are such sweet little birds. I got a new roo late last fall, and have finally been hatching some chicks now that he's old enough. Problem is I need more smooth girls, and I am getting lots of frizzles. And lots of boys! lol. Out of the first 8 chicks I hatched I got 6 frizzle, 2 smooth. Both smooth are boys of course. They are so darn cute though that I'm going to keep a frizzle girl or two out in the coop as layers. They might lay tiny eggs, but my seramas are the best layers I have.

Lol, I havent got an egg from my outside birds in months. My seramas are inside because I am not supposed to have a roo. I am guessing the stable temp and lighting helps them, they each lay about 4-6 eggs a week. They also go back to laying about two weeks after molt or being broody. I am pretty thrilled with all my little eggs I get, my kids love them too and they make great snacks.

Okay maybe i can find someone on here to help me with my issue. i want seramas but i cant seem to find anyone in northern california. is anyone close that i could maybe get a male and female from? id rather not to eggs due to i havent had great luck with hatching i could deal with pullets and a cockeral though

Okay maybe i can find someone on here to help me with my issue. i want seramas but i cant seem to find anyone in northern california. is anyone close that i could maybe get a male and female from? id rather not to eggs due to i havent had great luck with hatching i could deal with pullets and a cockeral though
Chiquita can I believe... And there are a few people in the Nevada thread that are close to the Cali border. I only have boys and hope to fix that this spring.....

Back
Top Bottom