American serama thread!

I have a question. What is the difference betweem a Malaysian or American Serama

There really are no Malaysian serama here. Originally, the first serama imported were from Malaysia but birds were bred to produce what is now called the American serama.

The more extreme serama in this country are being referred by some as Malaysian, Malay or extreme. There are few of these birds around but more popping up all the time as breeders strive to achieve the higher, larger chested bird.

lost my sweet little Josie today, she had to be at least 6, got her way back from a bycer as an adult- she was Joes girl, i knew time was slipping away for her, so we had some snuggle time- RIP sweetheart

Can I safely call my birds...Texas Seramas...or should I just stick with bantams?
yuckyuck.gif
I say Texas Seramas :) hehe

does anyone on this thred sell hatching eggs. My roo is sterile and I need some eggs to hatch

Are you sure he is sterile? It is highly possible that he is too small to "adequately" cover the hens and/or he just doesn't like them. I have a small "A" size boy that I thought might be sterile. He had 2 females and all eggs were not fertile. I then sat for hours and watched and although he did "the dance," he never tried to mount them. I switched to another hen, same thing. Then I tried a 4th and guess what? I know have 3 chicks! Some of the males seem to actually be a bit fussy. It's uncommon for a male to actually be infertile, especially if they are under about 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom