American serama thread!

Probably already been asked, but I'd love to know what kind of pre-made caging everyone uses for those of you who do? I'm looking at options to hold pairs and trios indoors. Already have an outdoor run! I know building one's own is cheapest and ideal, but that's not an option for me right now.

I bought a cheap 2 story hutch/coop (44 x 27) off ebay, put a bottom on it, it's sitting on cinder blocks til I can find something better to raise it up. I have 3 chicks that I hatched in there but 2 are cockerals and seem to be pickering already so now I am looking for a good used rabbit cage, the kind that sits up and has wheels so I can separate the boys, also need to find another pullet to keep him company. I've seen on another group where a few people have them and really like them.

Hi Everyone! I'm new to chickens and as part of my new flock I have two Serama hens. Does anyone know what color to call a tri-colored or calico chicken? One of mine is basically black but the other is such a pretty tri-color. The black hen seems to be ruling the roost, right now she's my largest hen but that may change in a couple months as my sebrights grow. I only have the four chickens but I'm still excited to be part of this community!
woot.gif

Hi Everyone! I'm new to chickens and as part of my new flock I have two Serama hens. Does anyone know what color to call a tri-colored or calico chicken? One of mine is basically black but the other is such a pretty tri-color. The black hen seems to be ruling the roost, right now she's my largest hen but that may change in a couple months as my sebrights grow. I only have the four chickens but I'm still excited to be part of this community!
woot.gif

Looks like she's trying to be mille fleur in color. My Serama roo Jack looks like that.

Looks like she's trying to be mille fleur in color. My Serama roo Jack looks like that.

Looks like she may be a Mille fluer to me too. Btw welcome to BYC and good luck with your small flock, I started with 6 a year ago and now have 14, so don't be surprised if your flock grows :)

Just hatched this little one yesterday! Anybody have guesses on what their adult color might be? Their egg came from a mixed pen with all sorts of colors and feathers.

So stinking cute! I can't wait to get some after we get moved (which should be within a couple of months). I have heard that they are harder to hatch than other types of chickens and I don't know if I waant heartache of failure right off the bat. Anyone know where we can get live chicks. We are in Missouri.

Back
Top Bottom