American serama thread!

I am Madison Indiana and thank you but Jessshan 8 has so very generously offered to send me some of his serama eggs . I am very excited about it. perhaps you can keep your fingers crossed for me. when i set them. well, not me personally . LOL when they go in the incubator.
wee.gif
thank you so much jess !!!

Why do all my Serama roosters start cackling periodically through the day? I can watch them and the hens don't join in . It's just the roosters. One rooster will get started then all the other roosters join in.

They are in the house (the mudroom), so this gets really annoying.

They must be hearing something and it is setting off the rooster alarm..:)

My hen Nd roo are seperated by wire right now due to chicks is this okay or? I dont want him hurting the chicks
I never separated my roosters from my hens when they went broody and hatched out their clutches. I actually watched the chicks cuddle under a rooster! He just laid there and let them cuddle under him. I was rather surprised to see that. I didn't think a Roo would tolerate it but he acted like it was normal so i left them be. All chicks are now 2.5 months old and doing great.

My hen Nd roo are seperated by wire right now due to chicks is this okay or? I dont want him hurting the chicks

It all depends on the rooster, if he likes being a papa go for it. If you see him act aggressive with the baby well....
Sometime when they are young there is less knowledge and/or tolerance for this, same as hens. :jumpy
On this there is no right/wrong, you try under supervision and see what happens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom