American serama thread!

We have our first eggs in the incubator. I am extremely excited. Is there anything that I need to do special for the baby chicks? Will they be fine with the standard chick crumble? Lol. I feel like I need to relearn everything.
We put the crumbles in the food processor to make it a bit finer for our serama chicks.

Quote: ....and make sure the water dish isn't to deep. Some newly hatched serama can be really stupid when it comes to learning how to drink so I, or the wife, dips their beaks in the water when they are 3 days old just to be sure. We've had a number of ill three day old chicks make a miraculous recovery on the third day when we help them discover water.

The chick on the hen's back is three weeks old. I gave it to this hen when the mother started laying eggs again. The chick is 16 grams. Under the hen are her two newly hatched chicks; 12 and 14 grams.

Last edited:
Amazing this thread is still going!!!
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png

....and make sure the water dish isn't to deep. Some newly hatched serama can be really stupid when it comes to learning how to drink so I, or the wife, dips their beaks in the water when they are 3 days old just to be sure. We've had a number of ill three day old chicks make a miraculous recovery on the third day when we help them discover water. The chick on the hen's back is three weeks old. I gave it to this hen when the mother started laying eggs again. The chick is 16 grams. Under the hen are her two newly hatched chicks; 12 and 14 grams.
Is this one of your Seramas nchls school?

jumpy.gif

Why amazing? Or is your thought more along the line of YEAH! The thread is still being used.

I just noticed though that it's called American Serama thread and would be more aptly called traditional Serama thread....

Our solo chick that's made it's appearance so far. Still on day 21 and have 4 more eggs hoping we get pips soon.
highfive.gif

Anyone know what would you get if your bred a silver duckwing serama hen to a gold duckwing serama roo

Presumably a Serama chick.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom