American serama thread!

Any body k now a good place to get young trios or serama chicks
welcome-byc.gif

I don't but I am sure someone else wil help you.............

ok guys i have decided to start raising serama. I already have a order placed on a nice cockeral. Today i picked up two pullets that to me look of good quality, i nead help on finding out what color they are
Very pretty.......I think the bottom is Buff but hard to tell. The pictures appear somewhat yellow?????

Here's a bit of serama-themed humor I've been working on. Inspired thanks to my many serama.
Murphy's 15 Laws Of Serama
1. The only time you'll ever get an all pullet hatch is when your main breeding rooster is going to give himself heart failure from all the hens he services.
2. The only Serama you've ever sold at two weeks is the best of them all, and you can't convince the owner to let you buy her back.
3. Give that bird a pink leg-band, and you'll get a cockerel for sure.
4. The number of sentences bragging about the invulnerability of a feeder design on said feeder label creates an inverse increase of carnage when the Seramas inevitably disassemble it.
5. Your taste in Seramas must inevitably become more expensive after BOTH your husband AND your bank threaten to bail.
6. You normally have a horrible hatch rate, but when your marriage is exploding, they can't pop out fast enough.
7. Your prize-netting hen is inevitably the one who ends up with the nickname "Six", because some judge who should have stuck with Cochins poked the wrong end.
8. The only consistent factor is the factor of Murphy.
9. The only time reverse psychology doesn't work is when you need it to.
10. That five dollar bird you passed up for a three hundred dollar serama from impeccable bloodlines is inevitably the one who sweeps the nationals clean of every single prize. And the breeder is kicking herself because the bird waited until just after she sold it to bloom.
11. The only constant is change.
12. You go to the feed store planning to buy a bag of feed, and instead come home with a bag of mealworms, fifty pounds of scratch, five day-old silkies to use as foster moms, and a new ten-gallon galvanized aluminum waterer, plus said bag of feed.
13. That five-serama coop extension inevitably ends up being big enough for thirty.
14. You can't pass up a hatch if someone paid you to.
15. Through thick and thin, your Seramas stick by you even when no one else does. Even when you don't want them to.

The Good Hen's Creed
1. Live like there is no tomorrow, because you might get carried off by a hawk.
2. Love deeply.
3. Fight hard.
4. Savor all the food you eat.
5. Always be two steps ahead of the competition.
6. Jealousy is a virtue. Don't be afraid to put your mate in his place if he cheats on you.
7. Think fast, and run faster.
8. Laying an egg is a community affair. If the other hens are slow to respond, be sure to squawk loudly. Remember, the orchestra is important.
9. Be a good mother, even if you're only trying to hatch a ping pong ball.
10. Insanity makes the other hens respect you. Remember, a good loud screech makes your rivals may attention.
11. Water is good for drinking, but if it touches your feathers, it will make you bald. Unfortunely, humans do not understand this, and will try to give you a "bath". Be sure to discourage this aberrant behavior by kicking and screaming. A good wing slap wouldn't go amiss, either.
12. Humans are by nature lazy creatures that love to sleep FAR past sunrise. This behavior is unhealthy and distracts them from their real purpose: serving us. Waiting past noon for them to attend to our needs is unneeded, and unpleasant. So be sure to break them of this habit by waking them up predawn. Lots of squawking is good.
13. Loyalty is paramount. In this world, friends are hard to come by.
14. Mourn the ones you lose, then move on.
15. A good dust bath is ALWAYS important. Every time, fluff and scratch well. If your human pulls you out of the dust wallow, be sure to get your revenge by tucking up plenty of dust into your feathers, then dropping it on that evil human.

Here's a bit of serama-themed humor I've been working on. Inspired thanks to my many serama.
Murphy's 15 Laws Of Serama
1. The only time you'll ever get an all pullet hatch is when your main breeding rooster is going to give himself heart failure from all the hens he services.
2. The only Serama you've ever sold at two weeks is the best of them all, and you can't convince the owner to let you buy her back.
3. Give that bird a pink leg-band, and you'll get a cockerel for sure.
4. The number of sentences bragging about the invulnerability of a feeder design on said feeder label creates an inverse increase of carnage when the Seramas inevitably disassemble it.
5. Your taste in Seramas must inevitably become more expensive after BOTH your husband AND your bank threaten to bail.
6. You normally have a horrible hatch rate, but when your marriage is exploding, they can't pop out fast enough.
7. Your prize-netting hen is inevitably the one who ends up with the nickname "Six", because some judge who should have stuck with Cochins poked the wrong end.
8. The only consistent factor is the factor of Murphy.
9. The only time reverse psychology doesn't work is when you need it to.
10. That five dollar bird you passed up for a three hundred dollar serama from impeccable bloodlines is inevitably the one who sweeps the nationals clean of every single prize. And the breeder is kicking herself because the bird waited until just after she sold it to bloom.
11. The only constant is change.
12. You go to the feed store planning to buy a bag of feed, and instead come home with a bag of mealworms, fifty pounds of scratch, five day-old silkies to use as foster moms, and a new ten-gallon galvanized aluminum waterer, plus said bag of feed.
13. That five-serama coop extension inevitably ends up being big enough for thirty.
14. You can't pass up a hatch if someone paid you to.
15. Through thick and thin, your Seramas stick by you even when no one else does. Even when you don't want them to.

The Good Hen's Creed
1. Live like there is no tomorrow, because you might get carried off by a hawk.
2. Love deeply.
3. Fight hard.
4. Savor all the food you eat.
5. Always be two steps ahead of the competition.
6. Jealousy is a virtue. Don't be afraid to put your mate in his place if he cheats on you.
7. Think fast, and run faster.
8. Laying an egg is a community affair. If the other hens are slow to respond, be sure to squawk loudly. Remember, the orchestra is important.
9. Be a good mother, even if you're only trying to hatch a ping pong ball.
10. Insanity makes the other hens respect you. Remember, a good loud screech makes your rivals may attention.
11. Water is good for drinking, but if it touches your feathers, it will make you bald. Unfortunely, humans do not understand this, and will try to give you a "bath". Be sure to discourage this aberrant behavior by kicking and screaming. A good wing slap wouldn't go amiss, either.
12. Humans are by nature lazy creatures that love to sleep FAR past sunrise. This behavior is unhealthy and distracts them from their real purpose: serving us. Waiting past noon for them to attend to our needs is unneeded, and unpleasant. So be sure to break them of this habit by waking them up predawn. Lots of squawking is good.
13. Loyalty is paramount. In this world, friends are hard to come by.
14. Mourn the ones you lose, then move on.
15. A good dust bath is ALWAYS important. Every time, fluff and scratch well. If your human pulls you out of the dust wallow, be sure to get your revenge by tucking up plenty of dust into your feathers, then dropping it on that evil human.
thumbsup.gif

No pictures yet but have babies........
So cute, The Auntie is setting with Mom.
When one of the chicks came out from under her ( Mom)...Auntie stole it, pushing it under her with her beak.
Good Grief, I know I will not get anything done to day because I will be watching them.
I often have a pair that raise them together.............Will get pic's as soon as I can..............

Hi,

I have, so far, purchased three silkied seramas. I have one left. The first rooster died at about a year old and the hen at nearly two. I still have one rooster, he's nearly a year old. There were no signs of illness before either died. Fine in the morning, dead at night. I have many other chickens and have only ever lost them to predators or old age. Is this normal with seramas? Just bad luck? I brought them inside during winter, kept their water and bedding clean. I really love this breed, I wanted to breed & show them, but I can't afford to buy them and have them drop dead. Everybody else has so many photos of beautiful, happy seramas. What did I do wrong?

Back
Top Bottom