American serama thread!

Yay! Im so upset of that little guy dying. Im thinking its from the distance shipped
sad.png

It's horrible when you try so hard and one actually hatches, only to loose it.
sad.png
Shipping is certainly hard on them and the air cells were wonky. I have never had a shipped Serama egg with a disturbed air cell hatch. It's hard enough to hatch these little buggers under perfect circumstances with fresh eggs from your own flock! Wish I could give you a couple! I don't want to post pics now of the last two hatching because I don't want to make you feel worse! They look like yours....
hit.gif

It's horrible when you try so hard and one actually hatches, only to loose it. :( Shipping is certainly hard on them and the air cells were wonky. I have never had a shipped Serama egg with a disturbed air cell hatch. It's hard enough to hatch these little buggers under perfect circumstances with fresh eggs from your own flock! Wish I could give you a couple! I don't want to post pics now of the last two hatching because I don't want to make you feel worse! They look like yours....:hit

Oh thanks! But id love to see them!
Im actuailly going to try and pick up some local eggs...this is definately a hard breed to hatch

I am so sorry Jesse. that is terrible. Nothing you could of done though. I lost some that way not too long ago.
sad.png

That's my nightmare. I'm planning to get a small generator as soon as I can. Now and again thunderstorms knock out our electric for a few hours.
It is sad but I am extremely happy with the two I got from darkbluespace They are running around and eating and drinking this am. I am up to 20+ serama and that's about all I can handle at the moment without overcrowding them. I need to get some new homes built this spring.... So I am looking at it as it worked out for the best for now. The only sad part is all the ones that didn't make it were blond down and I got a blond and black. I have allot of black and was really looking for more lighter colors.

Thank you darkbluespace I really appreciate what you have done for me!

It had been doing well. I have them separated in the same cage with some bantams. they will fly over the divider sometimes. there was one in there when i found it . they are about twice the size. think maybe it crushed it when it came over maybe. thats about all i got. Been at the ER with DD all day so I will fix that tomorrow.

just got my eggs from jesse. 12 detached aircells and two saddles along with a partial detach. i moved them big end up to an egg carton. do i just need to let them sit for 24 hours now then put them in or am i missing something in what i just said

Back
Top Bottom