American serama thread!

Spaz stand COMPLETELY vertical. She is soooo cute!!!

I told you so. This chick is special.

How about a better picture?

Last edited:
Splash is doing better. If I can get her through tomorrow I think all will be well. She has a three day laying cycle; tomorrow is the third day. I'm hoping that any more eggs will be reabsorbed.

Splash is doing better. If I can get her through tomorrow I think all will be well. She has a three day laying cycle; tomorrow is the third day. I'm hoping that any more eggs will be reabsorbed.

Maybe put her on a diet?
Hens need a certain amount of food and water to produce an egg.
I'd give her plenty of water but some kind of supermodel diet.
Maybe mince up some celery and lettuce?
Of course I'm just winging it, as usual.

Quote:
Maybe put her on a diet?
Hens need a certain amount of food and water to produce an egg.
I'd give her plenty of water but some kind of supermodel diet.
Maybe mince up some celery and lettuce?
Of course I'm just winging it, as usual.

I am wishing her the best!

She seems to be doing well. Thank you...and for the suggestions. I do not think diet is the cause. She is in great condition and that will help get her through this. She is a hen I use for fostering eggs to. An excellent broody and mother; hoping I don't loose her.

I know diet isn't the cause of the problem.
I'm suggesting a way to keep her from producing more eggs and worsening the problem.

Any suggestions are most welcome. At present she is being kept in the dark with food and water breaks. There is another egg to pass so I'm keeping her calm. Thankfully she is very tame and used to being handled so no upset there. Along with her regular diet she is getting her favorite food-freeze dried meal worms. She appears normal in every way but until the egg passes without difficulty I'm going to continue as I would a sick bird.

I did not take offense at your suggestion. If you have other thoughts, please share. Any ideas to keep her from laying more eggs would be appreciated.

This group is almost 4 & 1/2 months old now.
Time to put them with their mates.
They came from my smoothie, Cameo.
Only 2 out of 7 were smoothies.
Poor little Charley tries to get romantic but they just swat him down.

Fifi

This group is almost 4 & 1/2 months old now.
Time to put them with their mates.
They came from my smoothie, Cameo.
Only 2 out of 7 were smoothies.
Poor little Charley tries to get romantic but they just swat him down.

Fifi

does the white one have a specific coloration? or is that what you call a smoothie?

Back
Top Bottom