American serama thread!

GOODNESS GRACIOUS! Seramas are prolly one of the smartest chickens around? Are you SURE they really ARE seramas? Lots of shiesters out there selling little birds that they claim are seramas.
My serama are the most fun birds on earth.
Where on earth do U live?

Well mine must be the only retarded ones they don't go in a coop they dont lay in boxes when they do lay they drown in the smallest of puddles there chicks are aggressive im just done with this dumb breed had over 40 chicks over the summer...all died thats how retarded they are most drowned others were culled due to being aggressive one got stuck under a bowl outside and died one fell behind a nest box and died never seen such stupid birds besides quail they don't have a brain imma need room for my line not dumb useless birds so im getting rid of them or eating them since no one buys useless bantams people only buy egg dumpers

Well mine must be the only retarded ones they don't go in a coop they dont lay in boxes when they do lay they drown in the smallest of puddles there chicks are aggressive im just done with this dumb breed had over 40 chicks over the summer...all died thats how retarded they are most drowned others were culled due to being aggressive one got stuck under a bowl outside and died one fell behind a nest box and died never seen such stupid birds besides quail they don't have a brain imma need room for my line not dumb useless birds so im getting rid of them or eating them since no one buys useless bantams people only buy egg dumpers

HMMMMM, there is more here than what meets the eye I think...... :confused:

this is our sole serama that made it through our first incubation. Hatched Jan 5th.

Thoughts on a gender yet?

Chicks are Babies...Chicks are not hatched, knowing everything a chicken needs to know, in order to survive...if they are lucky, they are hatched out under a very attentive experienced broody hen...if they are hatched in an incubator, they need someone to show them what they need to know...if you are a hands-on chicken owner, you will probably know that day old chicks or incubator chicks need to be shown where the water is, you should dip each one of their little beaks in it and be sure that they actually take a drink....you might have to do it more than once with some chicks...I mix crumbles with warm water to be sure that they all get some water, even if they haven't got the drinking thing down pat right away...dehydrated chicks will die...getting stuck under a bowl? How dumb is that? I'd like to see most people get out from under an eight foot deep twelve foot wide "Bowl"...it would be pretty tough...you should try it. Besides, chickens "Shut Down" if they are put in the dark...like under a box or bowl. I found a full grown hen sitting quietly under a plastic dish pan...it must have flipped over on her when she tried to perch on its edge...doesn't mean she's dumb or stupid...she's behaving just like a chicken. Chicks will drown in puddles, they can't swim, and they are especially susceptible to hypothermia...once it starts to set in they go down hill fast! I try to be sure that there are no things to get stuck under, behind, on top of or in...no twine, string or wire to get tangled up in and strangle...etc...I figure that if it's there, sooner or later someone will get into it...It's just me...and from past experience, I find it easier to prevent the accidents...which is what they are, accidents, usually preventable with a bit of forethought...maybe it's just me...but they are my responsibility...and being a human, I'm supposed to be smarter than a chicken...sometimes I wonder...anyway, I don't find Seramas in general to be smarter or dumber than other chickens...I think you can find smart and dumb birds within any breed...Seramas are cute, interesting, funny, feisty, personable, silly little chickens...if they don't flip your trigger there are lots of breeds out there to choose from!!! But in the end you'll still have a chicken.

I won a ebay auction for some serama eggs. I have been reading up and it's not my first go at it..my incubator died on me last time and I lost the eggs :( My sultan eggs did fine with the short lack of heat but the seramas did not. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this time I have no mishaps and I will be careful not to over load the bator and kill my turner.

So, I'm really excited about the possibility of having seramas. I've wanted some for a while now and have not been able to find any which I think are decent pet quailty. Most around here seem to be mixed with OEGB, have a bad stance or are just too big.

We hatch and rear button quail and to the guy who thinks seramas are dumb..try button quail, they are totally sucidal if you do not keep a eye on them.

I won a ebay auction for some serama eggs.  I have been reading up and it's not my first go at it..my incubator died on me last time and I lost the eggs :(  My sultan eggs did fine with the short lack of heat but the seramas did not.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this time I have no mishaps and I will be careful not to over load the bator and kill my turner. 

So, I'm really excited about the possibility of having seramas.  I've wanted some for a while now and have not been able to find any which I think are decent pet quailty.  Most around here seem to be mixed with OEGB, have a bad stance or are just too big. 

We hatch and rear button quail and to the guy who thinks seramas are dumb..try button quail, they are totally sucidal if you do not keep a eye on them.

Had button quail the female died and couldnt stand the noise the male made so out he went there useless besides cage ornaments

Back
Top Bottom