American serama thread!

hope fully not chicklette some chicks also get tremors disease which just happens and perhaps their for of it has immobilized parts of them

Quote:
I've witnessed marek's with a friend's chickens...I hope you are wrong
sad.png

I have had several chicks suffer from not being able to walk, splayed legs, almost coma like for days. Vitamin deficiency in every single one of them. I put them all on a strict regime of vitamin B, D and E. They all recovered. In fact, one is going to his new home on Tuesday. I will keep sending good thoughts for you.

Last edited:
Quote:
there are other conditions that have similar symptoms, so don't lose hope...!! i will have to dig through my notes-

edited to add:

how are they eating and drinking? poop?

Last edited:
Quote:
oh I am so sorry. Are you sure? Might want to read up on BYC. Splayed leg? Wing walking? Star gazing? I have read up on it....but have not experienced it. I am told it can come in on wild birds even. I am so sorry.

Well, I have one very tired 9-week old serama making lovey-sleepy noises in my ear. When she starts flying up on our head...we knowit is time for her to go to bed. LOL.

Well, we have assimilated yet another human and they have/getting a "pocket chicken". Only pet. But Chicken Rustler from the Washintonian site is getting a pet serama for his wife from Castle Delight Seramas.

eta: I am meaning Bumble.

Merry Christmas to all. Hope you had a good one.

Last edited:
Quote:
oh I am so sorry. Are you sure? Might want to read up on BYC. Splayed leg? Wing walking? Star gazing? I have read up on it....but have not experienced it. I am told it can come in on wild birds even. I am so sorry.

other conditions have similar symptoms- botulism, vit deficiencies- so it is possible its not mereks...
fl.gif

glad to hear another family is being introduced to seramadom....who can resist these faces?? by the way, what is serama roo talk mean when they squeak??

file-42.jpg

file-58.jpg

file-47.jpg

Hang in there Chicklette. I will be thinking good thoughts for you. Have you tried any antibiotic? A vet prescribed Baytril to my Serama, when she had sort of an mystery illness. Within a week she was doing much better. Try banana, and that Green Machine Naked Juice if you have it in your area. I stuck it in a syringe, (both) and made my little pullet eat it.

How are they doing today? Better? Stable? Worse?
hugs.gif
I know your birds mean a lot to you. Why do these things happen on weekends and holidays when nobody is open or around!!!
barnie.gif

Quote:
Wow, Chicklette. I am in the exact same situation. I had a blood test done on one of my hens and the results got here three days before Christmas. Came back positive for Marek's antibodies. Then I realized she'd been vaccinated for marek's a a chick. I called the lab and they said that could be why it came back positive. I HAD put that on my submission form and I'm surprised they didn't put that possibility right on the results, but whatever. So after avoiding the expense of a vet for as long as I possibly could -- even learning how to draw blood myself -- I finally have no choice. I should have done it a long time ago. Oh well. Here's hoping you and I don't lose our flocks, Chicklette.

To everyone else, I hope you've had a merry Christmas or other holiday.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom