American serama thread!

SO MUCH good info on fuzzy-butt raising you guys!
old.gif
Almost makes me want to hatch eggs....
big_smile.png
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I have good luck keeping chicks on clean play sand. They are teeny tiny when they hatch, so yes, quail waterers, and I usually put feed (chick mash) in a jar lid. Keep water very clean, and if you have Sav A Chick, I usually mix some in a couple times a week, and sometimes Apple Cider Vinegar. Another tip, I hardboil egg yolks, and crumble just the yolk finely for chicks every day for the first couple weeks. I usually have pasty issues with only the tiniest birds, so a box of Qtips on hand works well. My brooder is a clear rubbermaid tub that I keep on the kitchen counter, that way I am checking them all the time. Here's a really good brooder idea if you don't have one already.

For treats- just keep in mind how small they are, and the size of things that you give them. Keep them warm in the winter. I don't usually start handling (as in picking up) the chicks until they are about 4 weeks old. They get used to my hands in the brooder when I'm feeding them, and with the clear brooder, they can see me all the time too. I guess they just get used to me. Little cockerels 3-4 months old, especially hand raised ones, are fun. They can get very attached, and do all kinds of cute little rooster things for you. I have two that are "trained" to hop on my arm, when we're going place to place. The pullets are generally snugglers, and are super sweet. I just love them!

So much has happened in one day on BYC, I hope I can get everything straight
fl.gif

4312----pictures??? ...............................fuzzie-butts...............
caf.gif
still got some coffee left...I'll wait......

Bills Gabby has to be the BESTEST of the best for calm/cool collected personable roosters! And he didn't get that name for nothing...he IS Mr. social butterfly--chatting away to who ever will listen to him...
love.gif
D.gif

My prayers go out to chicklette that the neucrospy comes back NEGATIVE for MD....
fl.gif
hugs.gif

I know there is something I have missed...but it was not intentional.....
love.gif
smile.png

Seramas RULE in 2012.....the goal of a serama in every house is getting closer from what I read here.......
ya.gif
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif

Now... go hug yer birdies!
hugs.gif

Quote:
Pamperedpoultry started me on my Seramas too! Bonus eggs in with sizzles....I thank her everyday
big_smile.png
Welcome to Serama World!

mmmmmuuuaaaaahhhh (my evil laugh) you went from no serama to serama crazy!! and its all my fault.. Love it!!!
smile.png

Yep! You enabler you!!!
gig.gif
And I do literally thank you everyday...especially for my Zephyr
love.gif
He IS Castle Delight Seramas! (p.s. I want more eggs when you have them. I think I'm going to set in February
lol.png
)

Last edited:
I can wait for 2012, This is year has been a blast.. I cant wait cause I will be a new store owner and going into business with my buddy . I cant wait .... I made my money and now I can relax just a little then its hard work again ... Hope everyone gets a year that you all been dreaming of . Seramas I have but true friends to enjoy them with is hard to find . I am glad I do have a few that I can call up if I need help ... I will do some updates of my cocoapop projects this after noon ... I hear type is what I am shooting for ...

Hey guys! I haven't checked in in quite a while! I have been super busy here, but I do have some Serama for sale! I have a trio and 3 pairs I am hoping to sell. I will post pictures in a bit while I get them all uploaded. And my website is in need of updating...I also have hatching eggs that I would love to ship out as test eggs. I have 100% hatch rate here but would love to start shipping.
smile.png

-SSF

Quote:
Hey Sunshine...in what part of the "south" are you located. I noticed you have an urban farm. Just wondering about the city. I am a bit of an urban farmer myself.

Sent you a message
smile.png

First up is a trio who are 9 months old. Both hens lay regularly, proven fertility. The cockerel is a small C at 16oz, the lighter colored pullet is a small B at 13oz and the black pullet is a small class A at 10oz. I will update my site with more pictures tomorrow of the trio as today I just took quick shots of the three. If anyone is attending any of the shows in Georgia I will be there. I can bring these three to the shows, do pick up or may do a meet up somewhere in between. Feel free to message with any questions you may have.
smile.png

39384_dec282011_cats_barn_chickens_045.jpg

^ The cockerel is very easy to handle and is very calm on the table while keeping the showy look.

39384_dec282011_cats_barn_chickens_050.jpg

^ I will get a posed picture of the following pullet tomorrow.

39384_dec282011_cats_barn_chickens_051.jpg

^Same with this pullet, I will get a posed picture tomorrow. This is her natural stance. She is also completely black, no white spots on her.

I will also get pictures of the younger pairs tomorrow as well.
smile.png

-SSF

Quote:
mmmmmuuuaaaaahhhh (my evil laugh) you went from no serama to serama crazy!! and its all my fault.. Love it!!!
smile.png

Yep! You enabler you!!!
gig.gif
And I do literally thank you everyday...especially for my Zephyr
love.gif
He IS Castle Delight Seramas! (p.s. I want more eggs when you have them. I think I'm going to set in February
lol.png
)

he he... just remind me, the girls have been layin up a storm.. maybe due to their new house and new "boyfriends" and the heatlamp lol

Back
Top Bottom