American serama thread!

ICallMyselfCherie' :

Thank you for the suggestions, you guys. She has improved in type since that picture, unfortunately I'm not able to take a picture now. I'm having the darndest time with the long backs[/b ]How about the type on this girl, though? I think her wings could be quite a bit more vertical, but she's looking really good to me. Sorry about the plant in the way, it's just one of the better pictures I have of her profile.
tongue.png

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s218/Dr_Fell/P1340886.jpg

We all do...that's Murphy's Law....what we want is what is the hardest to get, you're improving. I'll bet if you showed her a strange new hen, her wings would suddenly become more vertical.

Quote:
We all do...that's Murphy's Law....what we want is what is the hardest to get, you're improving. I'll bet if you showed her a strange new hen, her wings would suddenly become more vertical.

Hmmm . . . that's a thought . . . so when you judge a serama's type, do you judge by how they stand when they're relaxed, or how they stand when they're sort of "displaying", strutting, or otherwise at their best?

ICallMyselfCherie' :

Quote:

Hmmm . . . that's a thought . . . so when you judge a serama's type, do you judge by how they stand when they're relaxed, or how they stand when they're sort of "displaying", strutting, or otherwise at their best?​

When they're at their best....nobody wants to see Miss America with curlers in her hair.
big_smile.png

Quote:
That is a beautiful chick, I have some eggs in the incubator right now from Jerry and so hope they hatch. Were your eggs from Jerry shipped? I got mine a few days after Christmas and will candle on the 9th and lockdown on the 16th, I am a nervous wreck, lol!!!

I am nervous but hope so much they hatch, I wanted some whites and also he sent some other colors. I look forward to see what you hatch out. Jerry is a very nice man and I am so thankful to have some of his eggs and I hope some of his offspring soon.

Quote:
Hmmm . . . that's a thought . . . so when you judge a serama's type, do you judge by how they stand when they're relaxed, or how they stand when they're sort of "displaying", strutting, or otherwise at their best?

When they're at their best....nobody wants to see Miss America with curlers in her hair.
big_smile.png

lau.gif
gig.gif
That is a great comparison June!!!!

Quote:

I am nervous but hope so much they hatch, I wanted some whites and also he sent some other colors. I look forward to see what you hatch out. Jerry is a very nice man and I am so thankful to have some of his eggs and I hope some of his offspring soon.

Fingers are crossed for you!
fl.gif

Quote:

big_smile.png

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:

fl.gif

Thanks, my grand-daughter gets to start showing her chickens this Feb. and she wants to show seramas, I can't afford to buy her a show serama from him, so he gave her the eggs to hatch. The white serama is the only ABA approved serama right now, so he sent her white eggs to hatch. It was nice of him to do that for her. I am still going to hatch seramas for pets because I love them so much. All my babies from you are so beautiful and I will have to post new pics soon. I look forward to your eggs next month and the new pairing you have. The Thaddeus babies are doing great. I have a frizzle silkied and a frizzle from him.

Quote:
fl.gif

Thanks, my grand-daughter gets to start showing her chickens this Feb. and she wants to show seramas, I can't afford to buy her a show serama from him, so he gave her the eggs to hatch. The white serama is the only ABA approved serama right now, so he sent her white eggs to hatch. It was nice of him to do that for her. I am still going to hatch seramas for pets because I love them so much. All my babies from you are so beautiful and I will have to post new pics soon. I look forward to your eggs next month and the new pairing you have. The Thaddeus babies are doing great. I have a frizzle silkied and a frizzle from him.

That is very nice of him indeed! I can't wait to see what she gets
smile.png
And thank you, I'm so glad yours from me are doing well! Yes, please post photos especially of the Thadd babies. I'm so happy he is living on.... I am hoping to get a girl from Juliette this spring for my Thadd boy, Abraxas, and my new Crele boy. So excited about those pairings!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom