American serama thread!

POOR LITTLE BABY!!!! i think she needs a hug
hugs.gif

they are hugable birds !!!
hugs.gif

Malaysian style birds in America have big, high chests, and hold their heads further back. They also tend to be smaller.

Malaysian style birds in Malaysia are quite extreme in appearance.

The American type are what you mostly see pictures of here.

I cant stand it anymore!
I went to buy 4 eggs yesturday so my hen could hatch them while she is broody. Its only been 1 day and im going crazy!! I want them to hatch now!
This is my first time hatching serama, I bought all mine when they were older, 2 months and up. The place we went to had tons of serama, I mentioned I got 2 of mine from thecochincoop, mandy, and the man said that mandy is his girlfriends daughter. So after trying several times last year I finally have some of there eggs.
They also have chicks from 1-5 month olds for sale and im gonna go see what they have when I get my birthday money. They had awesome frizzles, I have to have one of them! lol.
Lisa

Oh and I think ill get my bator replacement parts and go buy 12 hatching eggs too, im gonna be over run soon! :D

Poor baby! They are pounders, aren't they! Everytime Darla jumps you can hear her loud "THUD" Lol!

Darla is my 3 month old baby buff laced brahma whom I got during my visit to Anna of Red Rooster Farms! I just love her! I told everyone that I was ONLY raising Seramas but these brahmas are so special and GORGEOUS!
Speaking of, I got to view the rest of Anna's birds. She has the most gorgeous little frizzled seramas I have ever laid eyes on, She has frizzles and smooths with superior type (short backs and great tail set) and feather quality, good yellow legs, lovely wing set, and the friendliest personalities. I'm DEFINITELY going back to see her again the next time I go to the west side and I'm going to buy some of her hatching eggs to help fill my new incubator (and pick up my new curly boy).
Did I mention how lovely her lavender orps are? And her baby seramas are CUTE CUTE CUTE! She had some little chocolates, gorgeous typey little whites, and this teeny tiny fuzzy yellow chick that looked like a head with legs. I wanted to take them all home!
Be sure to bug Anna for pictures of her beautiful little lemon colored serama cockeral. His colors are truly unique and beautiful.

By the way, keep your fingers crossed for my splash and black batch I have going in the incubator! I am hoping some of them make it. My incubator is acting funny and my mom put me off for another month on buying me a new one for xmas... LOL I am thinking about buying one this month and taking her up on her offer anyway so I will have two instead of one! But like all serama addicts if I'm not hatching I am NOT HAPPY so patience is a virtue that I do not have.
big_smile.png
And also two incubators is better than one because then I can hatch twice the amount of babies and I'll have more of an excuse to buy hatching eggs... "Sure would be a shame to do a hatch with a half empty incubator, honey! We have room for 100 more eggs in here!" And then in my dreams he'd be like, "Oh, you'd better go buy some more hatching eggs so you can expand your flock. Perhaps I will build you another brand new coop!"

Muddy day in Washington! Poor girl jumped off the roost and got stuck in the mud!

Back
Top Bottom