American serama thread!

Ken ask me to post this for him today cause he is out of town on his truck. Anyway he also ask can anyone here tell him which hen and rooster did this COCOA-PATTON came from and how to make many more ? It's not a hard question or a trick one either. Just what do you think and how hard is it to really make one .

Jonnie Ken also ask me to post this updates for you and he said sorry about the late updates cause he has been busy running around and didnt have the time anyway here is your cockerel. I think he call him chocolate pumpkin double laces cocoapop . Can you see the pumpkin feathers coming in ?

I have always loved laced birds! I think that the blue laced red wyandottes were one of the most beautiful varieties I had seen. I just didn't personally wish to raise wyandottes as I was already raising plymouth rocks in partridge, silver pencilled, barred, mottled, black, white, blue, splash, buff, red, smooth and frizzled. I had my hands full! They were used in my naked neck program I had going on at the time - bantams and standards. Anyway, I just had too many things going on and when the BLR wyandottes were starting to become popular they were VERY expensive. I was getting more into my sumatra, yokohama, and cubalaya projects too. Let me tell you, bantam cubalayas are some of the most horrible, mean, nasty birds I had ever raised. The line I had acquired were extremely inbred so I took them to auction after having them for only a couple of months. The offspring were just as nasty. Anyway, long story short, I've always admired laced birds - I just have to have some laced seramas in my flock!
love.gif
droolin.gif
I have seen other people with laced seramas. They are pretty, but none have been even close to the stunning birds in Ken's flock. You've seen his double laced cocoapops, right? My goodness are they gorgeous!! Kudos to him and his birds!
clap.gif
I've seen some projects Ken is working on a blue double laces cocoapatton but that is just a few other colors he is trying to breed for . I've seen way too many color and projects that he has going on . They are gorgeous in type and color .

Last edited:
line breeding is just inbreeding . Should be done by breeding Father over daughter and Mother over son to lock in the right color and type .

Last edited:
Love that shot! one in a million!
Im so proud of this picture of my pair. Mt Rainier in the background. I cant load to SCNA anymore. Photobucket wont work for me.

sure like the colors on this one!!

Ken ask me to post this for him today cause he is out of town on his truck. Anyway he also ask can anyone here tell him which hen and rooster did this COCOA-PATTON came from and how to make many more ? It's not a hard question or a trick one either. Just what do you think and how hard is it to really make one .

Jonnie Ken also ask me to post this updates for you and he said sorry about the late updates cause he has been busy running around and didnt have the time anyway here is your cockerel. I think he call him chocolate pumpkin double laces cocoapop . Can you see the pumpkin feathers coming in ?

Looks like these should go on the "Traditional Serama" thread as this is a "Traditional" serama and not an "American" Serama.

the bird isnt cocopop either i see he is in CHA and a brassy bird.... he may become pumpkin but in those pics i dont see it....still a nice lil laced guy
thumbsup.gif

Looks like these should go on the "Traditional Serama" thread as this is a "Traditional" serama and not an "American" Serama.

Oh wow now I'm really confused. Ok I think I understand this much, maybe....a Maylasian Serama is???? a Serama bred from the original Serama that came from Maylasia? Or does it refer to a body shape? What exactly is the difference between a American and a Traditional Serama? Slips off to look my birds over again but knows it will just confuse me more ...lol Oh lots of input please....thank you

Back
Top Bottom