American serama thread!

This question may belong in the health section, but I thought I'd ask here first. I know chickens are great for eating the worm larvae out of the horse manure pile, which is great for the horses. I've mostly heard about the benefits of doing this from a horse-keeping point of view, though. My question is whether or not this is healthy for the Seramas? Most parasites are species specific, but I know not all of them are. Does anyone have any experience doing this?

mine grub but I worm every three months so they are healthy.

This question may belong in the health section, but I thought I'd ask here first. I know chickens are great for eating the worm larvae out of the horse manure pile, which is great for the horses. I've mostly heard about the benefits of doing this from a horse-keeping point of view, though. My question is whether or not this is healthy for the Seramas? Most parasites are species specific, but I know not all of them are. Does anyone have any experience doing this?

also the bird when fed can become lethargic and LAZY lol

LOL... I remember the last show, Bill, your hen ate all her shavings!!!
lau.gif
Sometimes no matter all your best intentions, these little birds just do what they want anyways!!! To me, that is what is so much fun about them. Its always a crapshoot, even if you have loaded dice!

Back
Top Bottom