American serama thread!

here is a clear picture of the dark blue he is natural like this which i am planing to breed him to my wheaton girl then to some whites to make self blue and blue wheaton for 2013...

Will be updating him on SCNA

You are talking to a kid....are you not aware of this? You can inform without insulting. He was simply going by the info he had.

I was not aware at the time but yes now I know second it is more insulting when people give out miss lead info to others and insulting to the breeder that has no respect for Jerry the Father to all American seramas Malay what ever you call them he himself has imported them over with his money to share with all of us ...

It should not matter if this was a kid; there is no need to talk to anyone in that manner. You feel that Jerry is a God, you have made that- abundantly- clear in a huge amount of your posts.

It is VERY unlikely that Jerry was the very first person to bring the Serama to the US. It is TRUE that he was a person who did the most promoting of the Breed, in this country, and was a person who was instrumental in the Breed being recognized. There is no doubt in, probably, everyone’s mind that Jerry is an authority in Serama’s, so aggressive defense of that is hardly necessary.

15littlem was just misinformed. You don't, verbally, backhand someone for that. You educate, in a kind- adult- manner (regardless of age). Do you teach your own children this way?? Would you put up with any school teacher teaching your children in this manner?? I sure hope not.

The Serama is a VERY young Breed and there will be more and more people being drawn to their beauty. It is the obligation for those, in the Breed- for any period of time- to pass their knowledge to the next generation. Bullies are never taken seriously and will only turn off new people who will then be either taken in by charlatans or will find a Breeder who will 'take them under their wing', so to speak, and guide them. This kind of Breeder will only better the Breed.

My background is showing & breeding dogs since 1979. I have helped countless new people, over the decades (adults and children alike), get their dogs, worked with them to train their dogs (and themselves) and felt a wonderful sense of accomplishment when they won.

I have educated, with kindness, someone who came up to me- with a clearly companion grade dog- wanting to know if they could show their dog. I never, told them that it was a piece of crap and should be culled. All that would have done would be to hurt their feelings and alienate them. There are thousands of ways to educate without alienating.

So the question is; which are you??? Will you nurture the next person or beat them down- for their lack of knowledge??
Sheila :)

Could you describe the quietness of your serama's crow to me. Also if someone can describe a "muted crow" to me, it would be great. Since most of you are breeders, I hope this will sway my mom to letting me get some serama roosters and hens to breed!

The first time that I heard a Serama crow, it- totally- cracked me up. It sounded like a Roo with laryngitis!! He looked so impressive, standing so tall, and then this little quarter crow came out!!! He sure did not like me laughing at that. Never got 'stink-eye' from a bird before! :)

Is there any poultry shows near you or a fair?? Both are good places to hear the crows of the 'big boys' compared to a Serama.

Sheila :)

Back
Top Bottom