What is Jellybean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PetalandHens

Chirping
Oct 11, 2020
Saint Paul, MN
This is Jellybean - 6 going on 7weeks

Jelly is a bully and has been in chicken jail after picking the head bloody of our Faverolle. Their temperament is definitely different than the other hens; they don’t back down from my cats and don’t care to be handled at all; different vocalization, but not what I’d call crowing..

So some wishful thinking on my part that they are actually a cockerel and not just a mean girl….

And if it’s a rooster - rehoming will be required per city ordinance

Attachments

• IMG_8024.jpeg
    IMG_8024.jpeg
    534.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_8026.jpeg
    IMG_8026.jpeg
    260.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8025.jpeg
    IMG_8025.jpeg
    399 KB · Views: 23
A cockerel and I would cull him now.
Oh hold on just a second!

All cockerels are snotty at times, especially when they are learning who they are. Culling is fine, but it would be at least reasonable to wait until he could be of some nutritional value.

I am a realist and realize that breeders everywhere cull cockerels just because of what they are, but it is a bit different when they are a day old v. 7 weeks.

Any chance you are in Oregon or Washington?! Very slim I'm sure, but I'll take him. We've got some good roosters here who put awnry cockerels in their place. 😉

Oh hold on just a second!

All cockerels are snotty at times, especially when they are learning who they are. Culling is fine, but it would be at least reasonable to wait until he could be of some nutritional value.

I am a realist and realize that breeders everywhere cull cockerels just because of what they are, but it is a bit different when they are a day old v. 7 weeks.

Any chance you are in Oregon or Washington?! Very slim I'm sure, but I'll take him. We've got some good roosters here who put awnry cockerels in their place. 😉
Culling doesn’t always mean killing, just removing from the flock. 😊

Back
Top Bottom