• sprint

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Rec

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Hi :frow
I can mush 'on top the snow':eek:. It (what's left) is froze really hard.
Re: the rain we had,1)ran under the existing snow and flooded the lower areas 2)and/or over the packed areas 3)then froze.
I have in some places a foot of ice in my dog area. Dog houses froze right into it too. Dang, when it melts it's gona be a pain tryna get the houses out of flooding areas.
Upside is I can skate from my house to the dog area and beyond for about a mile.
The blizzard that was forecasted for our area(where I live) missed us and hit everywhere else all around us. Some people had drifts right from the top of their roof. My wife's friends from her"back home" had to get tunnels dug to their doors. The Hudson Bay Quest was cancelled because of the amount of snow that got left "hanging" in drifts over small tracts of forest and/or Flagweed or Biggrass(grows up to 12ft high). The organizers are concerned the mushers and their teams could get "swallowed and not be able to get out.
Here,.....perfect temps/wind/sunlight to go mushing but really restricted as to where I can go because all the roads are snow free and large areas of snow free terrain. Geez, even an inch of snow would open up the "mushing zone" by miles and miles.
How bout you Blue? Rosiegirl? Char? Any other mushers? Skijorers? Any other "winter dog-assisted rec/activity" people?

Lots of rain and wind. No snow sticking.
2639.png
missing it already.

Gee, we just had another rain-freezing rain- snow storm.
Heavy, sticky snow blown into drifts with water under..... We had a drift down our driveway that was almost 3' at a cpl points. My wife got her van stuck not realizing how deep and heavy it was, add to that the fact the whole driveway is a sheet of ice under the snow.
It took m 3 hours to "snow blow" or driveway.

We have just a few drifts of snow left in the bush. Other than that it's "spring flood and fire" season
A lot of birds have returned
We are busy with building dikes with sandbags to protect homes from the rising River
That happens most every year now due to deforestation and drainage by farmers upriver from us
Self absorbed boneheads don't care for not but $$$$ in their "rightnow bank accounts"
Obviously don't care about the future of our children and grandchildren
Or our once (recently) pristine (very large) LakeWinnipeg.
Look on a map of NorthAmerica. Straight north of Minneapolis/StPaul. In Manitoba,Canada. Them 3 big lakes...the one on the right is LakeWinnipeg. I usta drink the water whilst canoeing it. Now I wouldn't let my dog swim in it ....it's so full of pollutants
Anyways, Spring is here but no new puppies as hoped. Lost a cpl more dogs though. Heartworm.

Not
Related to mushing but......
We go from flood to fire just about every year.
Boneheads and deforestation and drainage to pyromaniacs
It's all about a lack of self respect which manifests itself by a browse lack of respect for the environment

Related to mushing.....
The tires on my summer rigs need to be replaced with new ones as opposed to repaired ones. :/
:lol:
Of course I still wanna paint both of them(rigs) the same color as my sled(blue and white[camo pattern]).
So ya, time to start dryland mushing soon.... After I'm finished with the flooding situatIon
Sparticus died. He'd had a stroke that immobilized him from the neck down. I wrapped him in blankets and straw for 3 days but he's gone. That about 2 weeks ago. I was gona put him into Oreo this month so I would get some Racer pups then keep 2 females with all the best attributes then put Max and Burner into them for more Husky traits. But..... I guess I'm just gona put Birner into Oreo then keep a cpl off that breeding and put Max and Rex into them for some good looking pups that like to run when they pull. Kinda like "Alaskan Husky".
All said, it all remains to be seen.

Sa a buy a cpl of small sleds too
They're actually racing sleds
4 hooks, lines for them, ganglines(4 leads sections) for 52 dogs and a few harnesses. Don't need the harnesses but......the lighter sled will for sure be helpful for training smaller teams and conditioning the older dog
Also looking at an older "Skidoo Olympique" for making trails in the bush as opposed to a machine with a wider ski stance.
Well...look at long winded me.....again:rolleyes:
Looking forward to hearing about eveyone else's activities/plans/hopes.:lol:

We have just a few drifts of snow left in the bush. Other than that it's "spring flood and fire" season
A lot of birds have returned
We are busy with building dikes with sandbags to protect homes from the rising River
That happens most every year now due to deforestation and drainage by farmers upriver from us
Self absorbed boneheads don't care for not but $$$$ in their "rightnow bank accounts"
Obviously don't care about the future of our children and grandchildren
Or our once (recently) pristine (very large) LakeWinnipeg.
Look on a map of NorthAmerica. Straight north of Minneapolis/StPaul. In Manitoba,Canada. Them 3 big lakes...the one on the right is LakeWinnipeg. I usta drink the water whilst canoeing it. Now I wouldn't let my dog swim in it ....it's so full of pollutants
Anyways, Spring is here but no new puppies as hoped. Lost a cpl more dogs though. Heartworm.

Not
Related to mushing but......
We go from flood to fire just about every year.
Boneheads and deforestation and drainage to pyromaniacs
It's all about a lack of self respect which manifests itself by a browse lack of respect for the environment

Related to mushing.....
The tires on my summer rigs need to be replaced with new ones as opposed to repaired ones. :/
:lol:
Of course I still wanna paint both of them(rigs) the same color as my sled(blue and white[camo pattern]).
So ya, time to start dryland mushing soon.... After I'm finished with the flooding situatIon
Sparticus died. He'd had a stroke that immobilized him from the neck down. I wrapped him in blankets and straw for 3 days but he's gone. That about 2 weeks ago. I was gona put him into Oreo this month so I would get some Racer pups then keep 2 females with all the best attributes then put Max and Burner into them for more Husky traits. But..... I guess I'm just gona put Birner into Oreo then keep a cpl off that breeding and put Max and Rex into them for some good looking pups that like to run when they pull. Kinda like "Alaskan Husky".
All said, it all remains to be seen.

Sa a buy a cpl of small sleds too
They're actually racing sleds
4 hooks, lines for them, ganglines(4 leads sections) for 52 dogs and a few harnesses. Don't need the harnesses but......the lighter sled will for sure be helpful for training smaller teams and conditioning the older dog
Also looking at an older "Skidoo Olympique" for making trails in the bush as opposed to a machine with a wider ski stance.
Well...look at long winded me.....again:rolleyes:
Looking forward to hearing about eveyone else's activities/plans/hopes.:lol:

Sorry about the jerks that don't care about the land and you losing some dogs :(

It's a shame about the lake, I had no idea. I thought it was illegal to dump stuff? Maybe that's a loophole... not technically dumping, just draining :/ or are those rules not in Canada?

And a shame about Sparticus too.

Good luck with the pups though and the new sled and machine

Back
Top Bottom