America's Next Top Chicken

alright finally here are my entries
big_smile.png

Above:
Name: Connie
Breed: Silkie
Other info/talents/facts: ever since Connie was a chick she has had an eye problem as you can see. She is adorable and full of character. I wish all the chickens were so sweet like her. I named her after one of my very best friends.
smile.png
She likes to boss the roosters around and she is the runt of all the Silkies she is only about 6 inches tall. The roosters are huge compared to her but she still freaks them out. I think it is the hair... HAHA!
Picture: ABOVE
Additional questions
If female, what is the usual amount of eggs laid each day? 1 a day and she is a very constant layer for a Silkie. We have 4 silkies and usually get one from each every day. Except when there are rapid weather changes such as it is 30 degrees one day and 90 the next.
cool.png

Is their any other chickens in the coop? Yes If so, how many? umm 4 Silkies (all hens) 6 Brown Leghorns (3 roosters 3 hens).
And the judge's will choose the winner after 10-15 entries
Make your chicken a super star!

Name: Repeep
idunno.gif
We got him and his brothers and sisters at Easter time they were only a few days old so not sure how old he is i think about 4 months.
Breed: Brown Leghorn
Other info/talents/facts: He is mean sometimes but underneath is a cute rooster who loves people. He loves to protect his brothers and (I personally don't think he likes cats getting near his girls even though the cats wouldn't hurt them because we raised them to like chickens not eat them he makes a weird noise when the cats get close to him or his hens.
pop.gif

Additional questions
If female, what is the usual amount of eggs laid each day? NONE he is a rooster
Is their any other chickens in the coop? Yes If so, how many? 5 Other Brown Leghorns and 4 Silkies 2 of the Brown Leghorns other than him are roosters.

Name: Thud
Gender: Hen even though when she was a chick we though she was a little rooster.
Breed: Silkie
Other info/talents/facts: She likes to jump from really high places and make THUD noises (explains the name)
th.gif
As well as Connie she likes to boss the roosters around they are little dare devils.
lau.gif

Additional questions
If female, what is the usual amount of eggs laid each day? 1 a day same as Connie they are excellent layers if you have a small family and only want small eggs and are excellent show birds (hint hint)
Is their any other chickens in the coop? Yes If so, how many? Same as Connie 3 other Silkies (all hens) 6 Brown Leghorns (3 roosters 3 hens)

Hope you like my entries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woot.gif

Name: Elvis

Breed: Golden Sebright/Black Rosecomb cross bantam

Other info/talents/facts: Elvis is really sweet, he loves to be on my shoulder and to be petted. He can be taught to do anything a chicken can do, including flying around in circles, jumping of a post and successfully landing on my outstretched arms, and playing dead! He was a feed store chick that almost didn't survive through his first night, but he pulled through! He is very photogenic and he is the most lovable chicken I have ever owned!

Picture: V V

-----

Additional questions:
If female, what is the usual amount of eggs laid each day?
N/A

Is their any other chickens in the coop? If so, how many?
75+

Name: Victoria, AKA "Singing Chickie"

Breed: Mottled Houdan

Other info/talents/facts: Victoria is from Privett Hatchery in New Mexico, and since all of Privett's chicks are sold straight run, she was the only chick out of 25 that was a girl. Not that it was surprising, LOL. She gets her nickname ("Singing Chickie") from her tendency to "sing" instead of cluck.
"Veek-veeeeeeek"

Picture: V V

-----

Additional questions:
If female, what is the usual amount of eggs laid each day?
Victoria is pretty old, but she still lays 1 or 2 eggs a week

Is their any other chickens in the coop? If so, how many?
75+

Name: Blanche Nevercreaux (named after Blanche Devercreaux from The Golden Girls)
Breed: Red Sex Link
Other info/talents/facts: Blanche loves to respond when you talk to her. She's very chatty. She loves to hop in your lap and loves "joy rides" to the vegetable garden from time to time.
Picture:

Additional questions:
If female, what is the usual amount of eggs laid each day? She lays an average of 1 a day, 6 a week.
Is their any other chickens in the coop? If so, how many? She has 5 other coop mates. Her three co-star: Rose Egglund, Sophia Pecktrillo and Dorothy Zbornchick as well as her friends Spyro and Greycie Blue.

Back
Top Bottom