Americauna or EE?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Roslyn, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Roslyn

Roslyn Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2011
    Cle Elum, WA
    I have an "Americauna" rooster named Dodger who is a color that I have not seen before and as far as I know it's not recognized by the ABC.
    He has a beautiful deep scarlet rose comb, ear muffs and a beard, and gray clean legs. He's a big boy and he has a nice arch to his neck (He's six months old)
    However, his color is white with a black green-sheen tail, he has a gray head and black feathering around his neck - and as he gets older he's developing this gorgeous tan color on his saddle feathers.
    What could this be? He has black feathers mixed in with the white (I'd try to post pictures, but I don't have any updated ones atm) and I'm tempted to call him "Splash" since I've heard this word thrown around but does this mean that he's a Easter Egger?

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    if its not one of the recognized colors then yes that would be an ee. any pics could help as long as they show his true colors. were did you get him?

3. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
  4. Roslyn

May 14, 2011
    Cle Elum, WA
    Just got some pics.

[​IMG]

If he had a bath he might look prettier but i guess this will have to do atm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    He looks like his feet are cold! "how dare you plunk me down in the snow!" Yep, going with EE on this one. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  6. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    No doubt, he's a mutt EE. Color is wrong, doesn't have the correct comb, body type. He has very common EE roo coloring, and is NOT splash. Splashes are white with blue/black "splashes" all over them, no other color.

And it's Ameraucana. There's no such thing as an "Americana" [​IMG]

7. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    hes an ee and a handsome one that looks like he isnt that happy with the snow [​IMG] lol

8. Roslyn

May 14, 2011
    Cle Elum, WA
    Quote:Thought it was "Americauna?"

9. violetsky

violetsky Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Well, he is not an ameraucana, but a lovely EE. That said, can anyone answer what that color is called?
    I saw that listed as, "confetti" once.

10. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    He looks very much like one of my EE boys, (just forget that ol' BO in the way!)

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by