What color is he?

Eliza_oegb

Hatching
Mar 18, 2024
I got my boy by random selection by a man who was downsizing his flock and he gave me this guy as a chick. He grew up very beautifully and I really loves his coloring and his incredibly sweet personality. I couldn’t find his coloring around the OEGB charts(assuming he is a cross) but an online user told me he was a black-tailed buff. However when I search up that variety, they always look like a dark ginger and never his bright yellow coloring. He was really growing into a beautiful bird with his adult feathers really starting to get that gold and bright yellow feather shine around 10 months old.

Tragically, my neighbors dog got to him about a month ago and Ive been lost. Its been hard to move on without him and everything feels like a dream without him. I know hes gone but I still have many questions about him that I never got answered. If you guys could please tell me what his coloring would be closest to, please tell me and it will be greatly appreciated. And if someone has some almost identical to his coloring, please feel free to lmk. Thank you.
IMG_7180.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8087.jpeg
    IMG_8087.jpeg
    467.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7192.jpeg
    IMG_7192.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 5
I am sorry for your loss. I think his color is mixed, which means it is pretty unique and would be difficult to replicate exactly. In appearance, he looks halfway between black tailed buff and black tailed white, but who knows what his true color genetics are?

I would call that Black Tailed Buff. The Buff color can be very vibrant.

Back
Top Bottom