Amerucana and Bantam?

lol

haha, yeah my dad did at first. When i got my first ducks for eggs when i was 9, i wouldn't even think about killing anything (even a bug)...now i will go and butcher a chicken or rabbit, and other kids think im a really creepy person...actually most girls just avoid me and call me a bunny murderer...
somad.gif

The pelts are the rabbit fur. When you skin a rabbit, the fur comes off with the skin, and that can be tanned and sold to be used for crafts and stuff. You can make some really warm gloves and hats too....

Rabbit meat tastes pretty good, but for the most part, i have found rabbit to be a bit of a challenge. They seem to die easier than other animals, and have a lot of false pregnancy (really annoying). I've had some die for no apparent reason, some break their spines, and some die of heat stroke. If you live in a hot place, you will need to freeze water bottles and change them out a few times a day during the summer...they get overheated easily.

They are fun other than their issues, and really cuddly. Plus, if you have a garden their poop is the best fertilizer ever!. Oh, and when you have babies rabbits running around, everyone will want to see them. They are so dang cute!!

i'd be happy to answer any rabbit related questions!! :D
Okay, I am thinking about raising rabbits for pets (see how quick I changed my mind XD)! Do you know what are good breeds or more popular ones?

Thanks for the advice.... Hopeful I have suscess if I get them.how do they break their spines?

Okay, I am thinking about raising rabbits for pets (see how quick I changed my mind XD)! Do you know what are good breeds or more popular ones?

Thanks for the advice.... Hopeful I have suscess if I get them.how do they break their spines?
lol :D

I would say for pets, the mini lops are pretty popular (at least where i am). Dutch rabbits, and netherland dwarfs are also up there. I also like angora's as a larger rabbit. They have more maintenance required to keep them healthy though, because they have a fiber coat, which when you comb it, you can collect the fur and sell it. They are like mini sheep rabbits!!

I also love Harlequin rabbits. They come in so many fun patterns. They are kind of a medium rabbit.

When they are hopping around i guess. It is really sad cause they are like paralyzed, but still alive for awhile. apparently their foot gets caught and they twist and land wrong.

hope you have success!
These are a few of my dutch and Harlequin rabbits...
a dutch doe in the background and a Harlequin doe in the front

Harlequin buck rascal...he's my favorite little guy, super cuddly

Baby Dutch rabbit named oreo...sadly due to some unexpected cold weather, we lost the other 4 :(

oreo and mommy (the baby in the front...he's getting big!)

lol :D

I would say for pets, the mini lops are pretty popular (at least where i am). Dutch rabbits, and netherland dwarfs are also up there. I also like angora's as a larger rabbit. They have more maintenance required to keep them healthy though, because they have a fiber coat, which when you comb it, you can collect the fur and sell it. They are like mini sheep rabbits!!

I also love Harlequin rabbits. They come in so many fun patterns. They are kind of a medium rabbit.

When they are hopping around i guess. It is really sad cause they are like paralyzed, but still alive for awhile. apparently their foot gets caught and they twist and land wrong.

hope you have success!
These are a few of my dutch and Harlequin rabbits...
a dutch doe in the background and a Harlequin doe in the front

Harlequin buck rascal...he's my favorite little guy, super cuddly

Baby Dutch rabbit named oreo...sadly due to some unexpected cold weather, we lost the other 4 :(

oreo and mommy (the baby in the front...he's getting big!)
Very cute! I see alot of Holland Lops and they are expensive..I have the chance to get a pregnat one and another doe with it for $40..whatdya think?

Very cute! I see alot of Holland Lops and they are expensive..I have the chance to get a pregnat one and another doe with it for $40..whatdya think?
sounds like a pretty good deal to me.....

do you know how far along the doe is?? Moving to a new place may make her lose the babies, but it still would be a good deal. Make sure you have a good place ready for her. I've spent 40 for some new zealands, and lops are worth a lot more :)

sounds like a pretty good deal to me.....

do you know how far along the doe is?? Moving to a new place may make her lose the babies, but it still would be a good deal. Make sure you have a good place ready for her. I've spent 40 for some new zealands, and lops are worth a lot more :)
If she is pregnant it's only a couple days..but she will be a week about when i get her. They are both pedigreed. maybe we can pm instead

Back
Top Bottom